FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

Nice pickup for the Chiefs @Kirill in Trey Sermon... that's who Texans were trying to trade back into the 5th for.

War room wanted a WR; so I took Harris over Terry based on size, explosiveness, and upside. 

I wanted to grab Sermon and get a WR later, but gotta go with the democracy.

Hence my desperation in trying to get back into the 5th .

Thought I had a deal worked out to get back in, but team decided to keep their pick and take their guy (totally understand that and no hard feelings).

I think there is almost no way Sermon falls to the 5th IRL, but stranger things have happened (see: Foster, Arian UDFA)

Edited by jch1911
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, scar988 said:

But he can't cover... that's kind of what a CB needs to be able to do.

I'll be honest... only seen highlight clips of Rochell

But

2018: 4 INTs. 10 PDs

2019: 5 INTs, 13 PDs

2020: 3 PDs (in 7 games - 2 against Trey Lance) also FF returned for TD against UAB

I think there is some talent to work with there.

2 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I'll be honest... only seen highlight clips of Rochell

But

2018: 4 INTs. 10 PDs

2019: 5 INTs, 13 PDs

2020: 3 PDs (in 7 games - 2 against Trey Lance) also FF returned for TD against UAB

I think there is some talent to work with there.

He does well against FCS talent, but they used him as a No. 2 CB against guys who were going to be car salesmen and mattress firm managers. He has good ball skills. But ball skills and cover skills aren't the same thing.

For some reason, when I searched Brevin Jordan I couldn't find him so I assumed that he had just fallen somehow. I really wanted to get someone who could add some explosion from the F position, so I ended up going with Quintin Morris as the next best option to Jordan. He ran a 4.58 forty, and was Bowling Green's best player the past several years. He should be a good option to have a significant role as Maxx Williams' back-up and a future starter. We've seen Kingsbury's desire to be creative with the TE spot, especially at the F position, and Morris would give him an athletic option that can be moved all around the formation.

44 minutes ago, scar988 said:

But he can't cover... that's kind of what a CB needs to be able to do.

Thats cool and all, but its day 3. Traits, athletic profile, that's what you draft on.  Its pick 160, not pick 60. Rochell is one of the last CB prospects that fit Seattle's profile on the boundary. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

Thats cool and all, but its day 3. Traits, athletic profile, that's what you draft on.  Its pick 160, not pick 60. Rochell is one of the last CB prospects that fit Seattle's profile on the boundary. 

I'm just saying that he's not a day 2 prospect.