FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Mukuamu had the most versatility from the CBs available but I understand you possibly having someone rated higher. However drafting another QB would have been overkill. We drafted one in the 4th last year. 

yeah I had the hardest time picking anyone in that round but by the time I was in the 5th labeling anything the worst picks felt kind of dumb. I like that you got that 6'4 SS too Hamsah your secondary could become the legion of boom 2.0 if these guys pan out

8 minutes ago, Kirill said:

yeah I had the hardest time picking anyone in that round but by the time I was in the 5th labeling anything the worst picks felt kind of dumb. I like that you got that 6'4 SS too Hamsah your secondary could become the legion of boom 2.0 if these guys pan out

That's the goal, being able to mix and match with all the unicorns on offense. Our division was loaded with dynamic TEs.

41 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Best/worst draft picks by round… no 7 rders... not including KC..

First Round
BEST: Detroit Lions - Penei Sewell, OT. BPA for a team at the start of a tear down in need of talent wherever they can get it. Starting Sewell at RT gave them the luxury to trade RT Tyrell Crosby for DT Derrick Nnadi to help bolster the trenches for new HC Dan Campbell.

WORST: Denver Broncos - Javonte Williams, RB. Don’t love the decision to trade some pick value to move back up into the 1st and draft a power back if it isn’t Najee Harris. Not when FFMD hates RB's and you can get Trey Sermon at the very back of the 4th.

Second Round
BEST: Green Bay Packers - Christian Barmore, DT. Nice addition to their talented front 7 helps boost their contender status.

WORST: Jacksonville Jaguars - Pat Freiermuth, TE, Pick should’ve been a OT and could’ve drafted a TE later. You got Lawrence do not make the mistake countless other NFL teams have done for their franchise QB’s. Colts, Bengals, Chiefs, etc.. Stack the OL even if it doesn’t seem like a priority for your roster right now.

Third Round
BEST: Detroit Lions - D’Wayne Eskridge, WR Last WR available with top end talent IMO and they got him at back end of 3rd. He fills a position of need for Detroit and his playstyle fits well alongside Gallup to help redeem the Okudah trade.

WORST: New Orleans Saints - Dylan Moses, LB Already drafted a LB’er. Should’ve drafted a WR or DB here because your top WR and DB are headcases, Moses is too much of a gamble when you already got a LB. That said I do get it, you want to double down on your team need to hedge your bet at improvement in that one area.

Fourth Round
BEST: Green Bay Packers- Kendrick Green, G versatile talented guard can be a starting center shouldn’t have lasted till the end of the 4th. I was a couple picks after Green when I saw this pick it was like a knife twisting in my heart lol

WORST: Teneesee Titans - Chuba Hubbard, RB
I get that you have Henry and want to compliment him with a speed back, but Trey Sermon was still available and he's miles above Chuba Hubbard as a prospect IMO. You could've used Sermon as a setup pitcher to beat down the defense then have Henry run over them boys in the 4th Q. Also, just the nature of the position Henry could fall off any day now then the complimentary element of Hubbard wouldn't matter.

Fifth Round
BEST: Green Bay Packers - Cade Johnson, WR. They already stacked the OL for Rodgers then then they double up on WR with Nico Johnson in the 4th and Cade Johnson at the back of the 5th. The draft board worked well in their favor.

WORST: NY Jets - Israel Mukamu, CB. I had a few CB's rated higher that were still available and I think QB Jamie Newman would've been a better pick in the 5th. It would've been like the equivalent of Washington getting Kirk Cousins late in the draft the year they got RG3.

Sixth Round
BEST: Atlanta Falcons- Patrick Johnson, OLB. Johnson has a ton of upside and production as a speed rusher. Tremendous value for a 3-4 defense in the 6th rd.

WORST: Las Vegas Raiders - Derrick Barnes, LB.  Kind of crazy to criticize picks this late in the draft so I went with the Raiders cause they're the Raiders and I needed a LB'er and didn't have Barnes on my board or radar at all.

I had a top 110 pick grade on Johnson. Dude is gonna be good.

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

WORST: Jacksonville Jaguars - Pat Freiermuth, TE, Pick should’ve been a OT and could’ve drafted a TE later. You got Lawrence do not make the mistake countless other NFL teams have done for their franchise QB’s. Colts, Bengals, Chiefs, etc.. Stack the OL even if it doesn’t seem like a priority for your roster right now.

When? Pat F and Brevin Jordan were the top TEs left and even Jordan was gone by 51 lol

I guess we could've settled for Tremble later on but there's a huge drop off imo

Also we added 2 lineman later on and it's a much deeper OL class than TE class. 

• Like 1