FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

Am I the only one who is absolutely floored by that WFT/Atlanta trade? I mean, moving from 19 to 4 using essentially only Brandon Scherff? The guy is great, but you're gonna need to give him a top of the market deal THIS YEAR and he's already 29. I mean, wow! 

• Like 1

Just now, FGK said:

Am I the only one who is absolutely floored by that WFT/Atlanta trade? I mean, moving from 19 to 4 using essentially only Brandon Scherff? The guy is great, but you're gonna need to give him a top of the market deal THIS YEAR and he's already 29. I mean, wow! 

Nope, you are not the only one.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FGK said:

That was my reaction as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FGK said:

It really wasn't that bad of a trade.  It appears as if they weren't interested in a QB at 4.  So then let's assume they take another one of the BPAs there, either Pitts or Chase. Then they still need a Guard so lets say they address that in the 2nd with say, Wyatt Davis out of OSU. The trade moves them from 4 to 19, lets say at 19 they land someone like CB Jaycee Horn, then in the 2nd they're opened up to select something else than a Guard and they take WR Kadarius Toney.  

Is a Pitts/Davis draft way superior to Horn/Toney/Scherff?  I don't think so. 

On 3/27/2021 at 8:24 PM, scar988 said:

the market inefficiency is taking the known over the unknown. Scherff is a known badass at the position. The Falcons needed a 5th offensive lineman, so why not add an All-Pro at the position to a line that would benefit heavily from it instead of a TON of draft picks.

They were only asking for a 2nd round pick for him. You just moved back 15 spots, with a franchise QB (or someone people think can be one at least) available, and instead of auctioning him to the highest bidder and then giving Washington one of the MANY picks you could have gotten for moving back to #8, #9, etc. you moved down much, much further, for ONLY Scherff. 

Plus, the reason you go with unknowns is salary. Does anyone know if ATL can even afford Scherff's 18M cap hit this year? And he's gonna want a top of the mark 18-20M deal starting next year. So now you're trying to fit that in when already in cap hell.

• Like 1

Just now, FGK said:

They were only asking for a 2nd round pick for him. You just moved back 15 spots, with a franchise QB (or someone people think can be one at least) available, and instead of auctioning him to the highest bidder and then giving Washington one of the MANY picks you could have gotten for moving back to #8, #9, etc. you moved down much, much further, for ONLY Scherff. 

Plus, the reason you go with unknowns is salary. Does anyone know if ATL can even afford Scherff's 18M cap hit this year? And he's gonna want a top of the mark 18-20M deal starting next year. So now you're trying to fit that in when already in cap hell.

I shopped pick 4 for hours yesterday, no one was interested in trading up.  If he wanted to move down he got the best deal he was going to get.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

It really wasn't that bad of a trade.  It appears as if they weren't interested in a QB at 4.  So then let's assume they take another one of the BPAs there, either Pitts or Chase. Then they still need a Guard so lets say they address that in the 2nd with say, Wyatt Davis out of OSU. The trade moves them from 4 to 19, lets say at 19 they land someone like CB Jaycee Horn, then in the 2nd they're opened up to select something else than a Guard and they take WR Kadarius Toney.  

Is a Pitts/Davis draft way superior to Horn/Toney/Scherff?  I don't think so. 

nah fam

whichever way you put it, trading from the 20s up into the Top 5! and you basically gave up just Scherff, trade rape

Bravo 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

nah fam

whichever way you put it, trading from the 20s up into the Top 5! and you basically gave up just Scherff, trade rape

Bravo 

Yeah, it's definitely not great value for Atlanta. They could have got a lot more. 

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I shopped pick 4 for hours yesterday, no one was interested in trading up.  If he wanted to move down he got the best deal he was going to get.

I’m pretty sure the Chiefs GM has been trying ridiculously hard to move up. I think he was willing to give up his kidney and first born for Sewell. 

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Not in FFMD they couldn’t have.  I’m telling you there were no offers out there.

I could have traded down with Buffalo or KC and gotten like 2 drafts worth of picks. Woo hoo. A bunch of late 1sts and 2nds and 3rds from two of hte best teams in the league. None of which guaranteed me an All-Pro Guard for a line that will absolutely need one. Value is all relative. I like what we did and an All-Pro Guard for 5 years in his prime is worth the money and the value we gave up for him. 

Also, the cap is a myth. Boom, we instantly re-structured Jarrett and Julio and Jones and we're still under the cap. It's really not hard to realize this is honestly a soft cap and not a hard cap.

Edited by scar988
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

... Carolina literally has an offer sitting in the trade forum waiting for your approval to move to #4 for #8, a 2nd, and a 3rd.

So BARE MINIMUM he could've moved to 8 instead of 19, gotten an extra 3rd, and given you the 2nd round pick for Scherff. So he could've had a 3rd round pick and been getting his choice of the guys available right now (Waddle, Horn, Slater) instead of NOT having an extra 3rd and getting somebody ten picks down the board.

• Like 1