FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

21 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think that's a better representation of things, at least from the Lions' perspective. I thought we did a really good job of grabbing players at good value: our biggest "non late-round reach" was -18 picks (Basham), and we got great value in both Eskridge (+45 picks) and Mond (+47 picks). Sewell (0), Samuel Jr. (-6) and Hufanga (-3) were all splendidly close.

The "negative grade" from the first list seemed off, and the weight it placed on 6th and 7th round picks was the reason.

Appreciate the feedback...Sometimes, hell a lot of the time when I'm doing these things I'm just looking at numbers to the point of blur, so I miss things like this.

It does seem to do a better job of representing rounds 1 through 3 which is really where it counts.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Appreciate the feedback...Sometimes, hell a lot of the time when I'm doing these things I'm just looking at numbers to the point of blur, so I miss things like this.

It does seem to do a better job of representing rounds 1 through 3 which is really where it counts.

I have always felt that way. (And it's not to discount someone who gets crazy good value in rounds 6-7. I just feel like making good decisions in rounds 1-3 is far more important than later picks.)

Either way, it's great to see the numbers: they add quite a bit of context to FFMD, in my opinion.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I have always felt that way. (And it's not to discount someone who gets crazy good value in rounds 6-7. I just feel like making good decisions in rounds 1-3 is far more important than later picks.)

Either way, it's great to see the numbers: they add quite a bit of context to FFMD, in my opinion.

What I appreciate is for the most part we all do a pretty solid job of scouting.  Now we just need to get paid for our services...haha.

That's right I'm calling you out Dave Gettleman.

• Like 1

Great data Makes a good read. 

I have confidence in my lower round picks outperforming there irl draft status, surely I know better sitting on my couch in another country than well paid scouting experts who select these guys.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Great data Makes a good read. 

I have confidence in my lower round picks outperforming there irl draft status, surely I know better sitting on my couch in another country than well paid scouting experts who select these guys.

I value your couch potato skills, in fact higher than some of the paid scouting "experts".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I mean, that's doing it for me right now, but also didn't we wanna do some sort of awards ceremony for all the top drafts?  Maybe even some superduper awards for most shocking moves etc.?

I’m just going to give myself all the awards