FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, winitall said:

I’m pretty sure the Chiefs GM has been trying ridiculously hard to move up. I think he was willing to give up his kidney and first born for Sewell. 

And he gave away practically his whole draft and next year's to move up to 9, he had nothing left to offer at that point.

6 minutes ago, FGK said:

... Carolina literally has an offer sitting in the trade forum waiting for your approval to move to #4 for #8, a 2nd, and a 3rd.

So BARE MINIMUM he could've moved to 8 instead of 19, gotten an extra 3rd, and given you the 2nd round pick for Scherff. So he could've had a 3rd round pick and been getting his choice of the guys available right now (Waddle, Horn, Slater) instead of NOT having an extra 3rd and getting somebody ten picks down the board.

Carolina's offer included a future 2nd.  I had multiple offers for Scherff I wouldn't have accepted a future 2nd as compensation. 

26 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Not in FFMD they couldn’t have.  I’m telling you there were no offers out there.

You don't have to trade then. Don't take a bad trade just because you couldn't get anything better. It was bad value for the pick, plain and simple.

11 minutes ago, FGK said:

... Carolina literally has an offer sitting in the trade forum waiting for your approval to move to #4 for #8, a 2nd, and a 3rd.

So BARE MINIMUM he could've moved to 8 instead of 19, gotten an extra 3rd, and given you the 2nd round pick for Scherff. So he could've had a 3rd round pick and been getting his choice of the guys available right now (Waddle, Horn, Slater) instead of NOT having an extra 3rd and getting somebody ten picks down the board.

I would have never traded with Carolina. 

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

And he gave away practically his whole draft and next year's to move up to 9, he had nothing left to offer at that point.

I think you still could have gotten some talent from him with players but I will concede the point. I still think he could have gotten better value trading with Carolina (the deal you turned down) or with the Patriots for sure. The Pats war room has been discussing offering 15, 46, 2022 1st, and Gilmore for pick 4. Anything close to that would have been a much better deal IMO. 

Just now, scar988 said:

I would have never traded with Carolina. 

Can I ask why you didn’t work with the Patriots deal of 15, 46, 2022 1st that they were discussing in their war room?

You guys are being ridiculous and ignoring the facts. 

1) You're undervaluing Scherff.  He's not coming off of just a Pro Bowl season, he was an All Pro.  He's capable of playing multiple positions along the Oline at a high level. The only reason WFT was willing to trade him is because he's on his 2nd franchise tag and we don't think he will resign next year with the team. 

2) We had multiple offers for Scherff for a 2nd round pick. If Atlanta wanted him they were going to have to outbid those other people.  This trade on the value charted netted a mid first value for us. 

3) Atlanta only gave up draft positioning and not any actual picks. This is important because I don't think the top 10 talents in this year's class line up with Atlanta's biggest needs (defense). At 19 Atlanta can still draft a quality CB or Defensive lineman. 

4) There were no better offers out there than the WFTs. KC offered a 3rd (very late 3rd), 4th (very late 4th) and two mediocre players to move from 9 to 4. That's a weak offer. I spoke to the Bengals, Dolphins, Lions, and Broncos GMs, none of them were interested in moving up to 4. Carolina at 8 made the offer of a 3rd round pick and a future 2nd to move from 4 to 8.  This offer did not happen until 4 was OTC and came about because of discussions I had directly with the Panthers GM.  Who knows if that offer even comes for Atlanta, but I still think Scherff is a better return than that package.  Heck WFT rejected that package because we didn't think it was enough. 

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

You don't have to trade then. Don't take a bad trade just because you couldn't get anything better. It was bad value for the pick, plain and simple.

He was on the good side of it...

1 minute ago, winitall said:

I think you still could have gotten some talent from him with players but I will concede the point. I still think he could have gotten better value trading with Carolina (the deal you turned down) or with the Patriots for sure. The Pats war room has been discussing offering 15, 46, 2022 1st, and Gilmore for pick 4. Anything close to that would have been a much better deal IMO. 

geez lol

can Atlanta get a mulligan?

is it like the "ima release this guy .....jk im trading him" scenario

like jk WFT we took NEs offer 

that Pats trade up would have been way more like it

im not hating though , if you can get it accepted , its not your fault the other team decided to accept a subpar offer

30 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It really wasn't that bad of a trade.  It appears as if they weren't interested in a QB at 4.  So then let's assume they take another one of the BPAs there, either Pitts or Chase. Then they still need a Guard so lets say they address that in the 2nd with say, Wyatt Davis out of OSU. The trade moves them from 4 to 19, lets say at 19 they land someone like CB Jaycee Horn, then in the 2nd they're opened up to select something else than a Guard and they take WR Kadarius Toney.  

Is a Pitts/Davis draft way superior to Horn/Toney/Scherff?  I don't think so. 

the only issue there is you aren't tossing in the other picks/value he should've gotten.

Like what was up with the conditional, so they have to let him walk to get a 3rd? and somehow make it less of an overvaluation of Scherff (Throwing away a later first rather than resigning him and having that value be one in the late teens). Like in what world would he be worth a 1st to teams?

It still would've been a bad trade if it was #19, Scherff and a 2022 3rd. 

But hey, the heist of the century...good job.

3 minutes ago, winitall said:

Discussing is not an actual offer. 

Just now, Kiltman said:

Like what was up with the conditional, so they have to let him walk to get a 3rd?

Atlanta asked for that conditional pick as insurance in case he did not sign a contract extension. 

For the record I did not approach Atlanta about this trade they approached us. We had MULTIPLE offers for Scherff.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Atlanta asked for that conditional pick as insurance in case he did not sign a contract extension. 

For the record I did not approach Atlanta about this trade they approached us. We had MULTIPLE offers for Scherff.  

Ahh ok

What was the earliest 2nd rounder you were being offered? seems like they could've just moved #35 for him instead of almost double the value of this trade.

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

@MKnight82 no one is saying you did a bad job

quite the contrary

phenomenal GMing

it's the Atlanta side ppl are having a hard time understanding

I know that, I'm sticking up for him because I think you guys are being too hard on him.  I liked the trade from Atlanta's perspective.