FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

Just now, Superduperman said:

Detroit's FO is betting that their impression of Okudah based on his play last year, is that he was a mistake by the previous regime

I’m a Lions fan, I know how he looked last year. You don’t give up on a player with his size/athleticism/college tape because of one bad season where he struggled to stay healthy and was on a terrible team. Even if you wanted to give up on him, the price should have been closer to what the Dolphins got for their stud CB, not the bargain bin at Walmart. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, winitall said:

I’m a Lions fan, I know how he looked last year. You don’t give up on a player with his size/athleticism/college tape because of one bad season where he struggled to stay healthy and was on a terrible team. Even if you wanted to give up on him, the price should have been closer to what the Dolphins got for their stud CB, not the bargain bin at Walmart. 

Frankly I wasn't impressed by his athleticism. He didn't look fast to me and I came to believe early on that he was drafted too high. Comparing him to Xavien Howard is silly unless you take it for granted that Okudah will inevitably reach his level. I don't believe he will.

Edited by Superduperman
5 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Frankly I wasn't impressed by his athleticism. He didn't look fast to me and I came to believe early on that he was drafted too high. Comparing him to Xavien Howard is silly unless you take it for granted that Okudah will inevitably reach his level. I don't believe he will.

I’m not saying he’s Xavien Howard right now, I’m saying his trade value should have been much closer to that. He was every team in the leagues number one corner last year. He went third overall. He’s on a relatively cheap contract. He should have fetched at least a first this year. I think a lot of people would have him as the #1 CB on their board this year and would be willing to give a first for him, especially once Horn and Farley are gone. You got spare parts for the Lions top remaining asset IMO. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, winitall said:

Imagine grading aguy by his rookie season in matt patricia s system lol

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, winitall said:

I’m not saying he’s Xavien Howard right now, I’m saying his trade value should have been much closer to that. He was every team in the leagues number one corner last year. He went third overall. He’s on a relatively cheap contract. He should have fetched at least a first this year. I think a lot of people would have him as the #1 CB on their board this year and would be willing to give a first for him, especially once Horn and Farley are gone. You got spare parts for the Lions top remaining asset IMO. 

Well, good arguments. Between you and me and everyone else, I wanted more picks, and I like Gallup, and I want to get rid of Bob Quinn's mistakes (which I consider Okudah one because of how badly he mishandled that pick), and I probably didn't insist on Dallas' 2nd round pick as hard as I should have.

I do, however, stand by my opinion of Okudah, no matter who his coach was last year. He doesn't impress me and I'm not optimistic he'll ever be a plus starter. 

Edited by Superduperman

Y'know...I was high on Parsons at first. But the more I've looked into him and read up on him...I think he doesn't even go in the 1st round IRL.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Imagine grading aguy by his rookie season in matt patricia s system lol

For the record: the Gallup/Okudah trade wasn't brought to the Lions' forum for discussion. I don't think any of us would be in favor of the trade. Horrible decision.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

For the record: the Gallup/Okudah trade wasn't brought to the Lions' forum for discussion. I don't think any of us would be in favor of the trade. Horrible decision.

Ooo I made the peanut gallery mad lol who cares