FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

48 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Chargers just made the best pick of the draft IMO

Our forum was pretty split between Horn and Parsons. I could go either way on that. IRL, Horn probably for the positional value over Parsons, but its FFMD, so lets get weird and pick a LB for the Eagles in the first for the first time in a half century. 

• Like 2
Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

It’s not the Lions.  It’s the GM doing his own thing.  Nobody in the forum wanted that trade.  Not even close.

Why wasn’t it vetoed by the people running this? 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Why wasn’t it vetoed by the people running this? 

Because the person running it feels like it’s a GM mock and not a forum wide mock.  He hasn’t taken a vote on anything.  Although we all agreed on the first pick, there was no discussion on it.  Oh well.  We are just sitting back and watching now while he does his thing and destroys us worse. 

• Like 1
Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Correct. We didn't pick based on need... except the need for speed. 

(A little delirious if you can't tell. Lol)

It was a completely redundant pick. He’s your #3 WR.  Congrats, you’re going to lose a lot of 50-45 games.  Your defense is garbage.

36 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Because the person running it feels like it’s a GM mock and not a forum wide mock.  He hasn’t taken a vote on anything.  Although we all agreed on the first pick, there was no discussion on it.  Oh well.  We are just sitting back and watching now while he does his thing and destroys us worse. 

Sounds like a normal day in Detroit Lions history

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

It’s not the Lions.  It’s the GM doing his own thing.  Nobody in the forum wanted that trade.  Not even close.

Different General Managers run their teams different ways. It's not the easiest job to have sometimes you just gotta go with your gut and pull your trigger to end up with the best players from the draft.

Like last time my guys didn't want Jonathan Taylor then they didn't want Zack Moss cuz we had Taylor. Both would've been big for us last year based on how they actually looked in the NFL. And prob way more badass than just CEH. Everyone else was just content with Damien Williams who never even played for us again.

We also got some DT I didn't really want Telvin McAgim who didn't do anything his first year when I wanted to go OL or trade down instead.

Your boss isn't always a bad guy. Sometimes he knows whats best.

Edited by Kirill
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Chargers just made the best pick of the draft IMO

Eh...I have problems with Horn's initial transition to the NFL. My hope is that anyone drafting him is not doing so as an immediate starter. I think he's going to need to do some growing. 

• Like 1

Steelers will listen to offers for 24 

Not sure if we're looking to trade back or not but it's good to have offers on the table so we can promptly make the best decision when OTC

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

It was a completely redundant pick. He’s your #3 WR.  Congrats, you’re going to lose a lot of 50-45 games.  Your defense is garbage.

You did see we landed the former #3 overall pick to add to the secondary...right? And we don’t need the defense to be great, it just has to be slightly above average...because we’ll be scoring...a lot.