What players have benefited the most from certain tags?

Kiwibrown

Darnold is pretty much only garnering any amount of interest because of his draft position. If he had the exact same production as a 4th round pick he would have been permanently benched early this season and would probably have 0 trade value. And I say this as someone who liked him as a prospect. 

Edited by JiffyJag
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Any tight end that is a good blocker can find themselves a job, and just be that guy for a long time. Ben Watson, Frank Warren, Dwayne Carswell, Jason Dunn, etc. 

Marcedes Lewis had that one really good receiving year, but he's been like a 3rd guard out there and has hung around for a LONG time. 

Dion Jordan went 3rd overall, had 3 sacks in 2 years and got busted for drugs for a year.

Teams keep bringing him in as 4th or 5th end and he gets to the QB sometimes.

If he was a 4th round pick, I doubt he would get the 2nd through 5th chance.

On 3/20/2021 at 7:29 PM, Mr Bad Example said:

Marcedes Lewis had that one really good receiving year, but he's been like a 3rd guard out there and has hung around for a LONG time. 

He's also quietly been one of GBs best zig Inga in a long time (in terms of value for money) though, to be fair. 

I'll throw in a controversial one and say Andrew Luck was a good example. Really, really good QB and all, but through his first 4 years or so there was endless talk about him being up there with Brady, Rodgers, etc at the time while he was completing less than 60% of his passes for 7.0ypa and less than a 2:1 td/int ratio over that time. 

If he were taken in the 3rd or 4th round he wouldn't have been getting mentioned in that company, not even if he had a 6% higher completion percentage, more than 1 more yard per attempt higher, and a 3:1 ratio while winning a superbowl. And we know this for a fact because I just described Russell Wilson who got drafted in the same year as him. 

Edited by Billy86