2021 - New York Giants FFMD II War Room

Welcome to the Giants 2021 - FFMD II War Room

Myself and @rackcs will be managing the team this year.  We are hoping that you all will take part in this forum mock draft.

@Acgott @Gmen @minutemancl @Shockwave @y*so*blu @YogiBiz @GMENNATION @Gmen19851 @Kip Smithers @Giants4eva @Go_Giants

I'll be adding more details to the mock such as start date, draft times as well as links to discussion thread and draft board doc.

Forum Discussion thread

Forum Draft Thread

Draft Board Link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13qq5rz3FTI2PWNqBAakeZ6qMGDCr9n23uLtVN1pr_HA/edit?ts=603491f7#gid=1499798722

This forum mock draft is a draft and trade only mock without the need to track the salary cap or contract details.

We traded our late round 4th with Denver to acquire several late round picks, primarily just having fun with this mock.  

Draft Picks

• 1st Rnd - Pick 15 | Overall: 15 | NYG selects Alijah Vera-Tucker - G
  • 2nd Rnd - Pick 10 | Overall: 42 | NYG selects Elijah Moore - WR
  • 3rd Rnd - Pick 12 | Overall: 76 | NYG selects Josh Myers - C
  • 3rd Rnd - Pick 33 | Overall: 97 | NYG selects Tyler Shelvin - DT
  • 4th Rnd - Pick 11 | Overall: 117 | NYG selects Michael Carter - RB
  • 6th Rnd - Pick 12 | Overall: 196 | NYG selects Chris Garrett - 34OLB
  • 6th Rnd - Pick 17 | Overall: 201 | NYG selects Tre Brown - CB
  • 6th Rnd - Pick 41 | Overall: 225 | NYG selects Ian Book - QB
  • 7th Rnd - Pick 9 | Overall: 237 | New York Giants
  • 7th Rnd - Pick 11 | Overall: 239 | New York Giants
  • 7th Rnd - Pick 26 | Overall: 254 | New York Giants

Latest Free Agent Signings

• Danny Sheldon - NT
  • Ryan Anderson - 34OLB
  • Adoree Jackson - CB
  • Kenny Golladay - WR
  • Kyle Rudolph - TE
  • Reggie Ragland - ILB
  • Devontae Booker – RB
  • Ifeadi Odenigbo – DE
  • John Ross – WR
  • Mike Glennon – QB
  • Cullen Gillaspia – FB

Trade Block

Please post any players you wish to add to the block.

Trade Block

Team Needs

Please post any positions of need that the team has yet to address in FA.

• Primary Team Needs
    • Edge Rusher
    • Offensive Guard
  • Roster Depth Team Needs
    • RB
    • OL
    • Edge
    • CB 

Depth Chart

• Color Key
    • Free Agent
    • Drafted

Offense

Defense

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

FOOTBALL'S FUTURE FORUM WIDE MOCK DRAFT (FFMD)

Timeline:

Teams can start making trades- 3/25

Draft Begins 3/29

FFMD (Draft Only) Guidelines

The GM will be responsible for:

-Make selections

-Finalizing trades

-Setting up and managing the Sub forum War Room

Additional Information

War Room

The Sub forum War Rooms are an essential part of this mock draft. At the end of the day, the goal of FFMD is to bring draft discussion and intrigue to all sub forums on this site. We want and encourage discussion.

We want to give each GM the autonomy to run his war room and team however he wants, but we would like to share a few best practices that can help keep your war room active and happy.

Above all else communication is key. As the GM you get to decide how your war room is run but clearly communicate it to your members, so everyone knows the deal from the beginning.

Here are a few suggestions of ways to run your war room:

a)       Community Vote: All members of the forum who want to weigh in get a voice and you make a decision based what wanted by the majority in your forum.

b)      GM Gets Final Say: All members of the forum are able to weigh in and try and convince the GM of who they should take, but at the end of the day it’s the GM’s call and he’ll take who he wants.

c)       Each Member of the Staff Makes a Selection: Before the draft begins, you can decide who on your staff gets final say for each of your team’s picks and he makes that selection no matter what everyone else thinks.

You can come up with different ways of doing it as well, but the essential thing is that your plan gets communicated from the start of the mock.

Doing that and being a clear communicator will make it much easier for all involved.

Making a Selection

Make sure that if someone other than the appointed GM makes a selection that is clearly stated in your team’s war room before the pick is made in case there is a discrepancy

- the draft order and selections will be updated in the doc and not in the op of the thread because it is way easier. If you don’t like it…..um sorry. It cuts our work significantly. Props to @ny92mike for the doc.

-Please post the players full name, position and school

-hype, pictures, gifs and general tomfoolery while making your selection is HIGHLY encouraged

-Salary Cap and Free Agents

All IRL Free Agents by the time this mock begins will stay as free agents. If a free agent is signed IRL during the mock, the team can add him to their roster if they want.

There is no signing of free agents during this mock.

There is no salary cap, so factor that in when making trades.

Pick and Player Trading

There is no trade council and no trades will be vetoed unless there is obvious collusion. If someone makes a bad trade, then we will all laugh at them together. That is part of the fun.

Please post trades in the trade thread and the other team must accept.

When trading draft picks, please put the round and pick number to make it easier for us.

When trading players, put the full name and position.

Rumor Mill

The FFMD team will be filling the rumor thread with inside information (or total lies) from the war rooms to build intrigue through out the mock. Help us out, send PM’s with leaks of information (or complete lies) to help that content following.

If you would like to be a writer for FFMD, send @EaglesPeteC a pm.

Depth Chart

Post a depth chart in the depth chart thread and keep it up to date with roster moves, draft picks and trade block. Also link it to your war room so your sub forum can see what moves have been made.

Edited by ny92mike

Should throw Engram on the trading block. We have too many Tight Ends and at 6 million he is not costing another team a lot of money off their cap if he is traded to them.

I would not put running back depth as a need, we already have several and it is the easiest position in the NFL to replace.

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

Should throw Engram on the trading block. We have too many Tight Ends and at 6 million he is not costing another team a lot of money off their cap if he is traded to them.

I would not put running back depth as a need, we already have several and it is the easiest position in the NFL to replace.

Unless we land a #1 receiver I'd hate to trade Engram, because I figure we'll be running two tight end sets just to get our best receivers on the field.

Only put RB depth on the list because outside of Barkley and Booker the current depth is bad.  This isn't a huge need but if we can find a back in the later rounds it wouldn't be a bad idea to add one imo.

Just added the guidelines and official announcement in this thread, second post.

How would you guys like to manage the draft picks....

Community vote or give the members wanting to get involved with this draft selections to make without the need for a vote?

44 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Just added the guidelines and official announcement in this thread, second post.

How would you guys like to manage the draft picks....

Community vote or give the members wanting to get involved with this draft selections to make without the need for a vote?

Our forum is small. I don’t believe we will have any issues if we just take the votes from our regulars.

We can start trading this coming Tuesday.  Just don't think we have much to trade.  The only position we are stacked at is safety.

Would you guys have any interest in trading J. Love?  One of you guys mentioned Evan Engram but I don't think we should trade him but I'll leave that up to you guys to determine.  If we do end up trading him I think he's worth a high 2nd.

Wouldn't be opposed to trading L. Carter OLB mainly because I don't think he fits our 34 system but I can't really think of any other names.  

Any suggestions on a trade block would be appreciated.

Arizona sent me the following message inquiring about a trade.

Interested in both Julian Love and Kaden Smith. You interested in any of our OL? Justin Murray, perhaps? Mason Cole? Lamont Galliard? We have a surplus of players with starting experience along the OL. Also have three late-round picks. Devon Kennard is an option, as well. 

Do any of these Offensive lineman interest us?

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Arizona sent me the following message inquiring about a trade.

Do any of these Offensive lineman interest us?

I never heard of them, but we really don’t need more mediocre tackle depth at $2M+ a player. 

19 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I never heard of them, but we really don’t need more mediocre tackle depth at $2M+ a player. 

Agreed...just the messenger...haha.  I said that we'd rather have draft picks, so we'll see where it goes.  

Are we cool with trading either one of these players?

What draft pick range would you put on these two?