2021 - New York Giants FFMD II War Room

ny92mike

5 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Agreed...just the messenger...haha.  I said that we'd rather have draft picks, so we'll see where it goes.  

Are we cool with trading either one of these players?

What draft pick range would you put on these two?

I’m never good at ranges lol. 3rd for Love, Hernandez, Carter. Good depth is hard to find. Always open to negotiate of course.

Finally got a surgery date.  This coming Monday the 29th so I'm going to have to step aside and either let @rackcs take control of the team or if one of you guys would like to take over as GM, let me know.

Thanks

Mike

@Acgott @Gmen @minutemancl @Shockwave @y*so*blu @YogiBiz @GMENNATION @Gmen19851 @Kip Smithers @Giants4eva @Go_Giants

Hello everyone. I'm not a Giants fan but I am a draft fan so hopefully we can work together on this to make the Giants a better team. Would definitely value input from you actual Giants fans when we do this draft. Seems like a lot of holes got filled in FA which is nice because we don't need to be quite as locked in on certain positions. Would be interested to hear what positions you guys think should be early round targets.

42 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Hello everyone. I'm not a Giants fan but I am a draft fan so hopefully we can work together on this to make the Giants a better team. Would definitely value input from you actual Giants fans when we do this draft. Seems like a lot of holes got filled in FA which is nice because we don't need to be quite as locked in on certain positions. Would be interested to hear what positions you guys think should be early round targets.

Welcome! Thanks for filling in. Pass rusher and OL are our top 2 concerns.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Welcome! Thanks for filling in. Pass rusher and OL are our top 2 concerns.

That's about what I thought. Not the best spot to be in for those two positions in the draft (unless someone like Slater falls). Might try to do a trade down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

You might want to start a new thread for this and then have @Acgott delete this one after you transfer what you need from it.

Appreciate you heading this.

20 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Finally got a surgery date.  This coming Monday the 29th so I'm going to have to step aside and either let @rackcs take control of the team or if one of you guys would like to take over as GM, let me know.

Thanks

Mike

@Acgott @Gmen @minutemancl @Shockwave @y*so*blu @YogiBiz @GMENNATION @Gmen19851 @Kip Smithers @Giants4eva @Go_Giants

Best wishes. 

Good morning everyone! The draft is finally here and we pick at 9:00 PM today, they second to last slot of the day. My plan right now is to try for a trade down. If I get an offer that seems reasonable and I think about taking I'll come here to get opinions so stay around today if you want input on that.

In case I can't find a good trade, what are some players you guys think we should target at our spot? I'm hoping that a guy like Slater maybe falls to us? I don't know how big of a need WR is now that Golladay is on the team (I'm not a Giants fan) but one of the top 3 WRs or Pitts could be there. And then the final option I've been thinking about is EDGE. I feel like we'd probably be taking the first EDGE on the board which I think isn't ideal but is there any that you Giants fans like most? Let me know your thoughts.

Edited by rackcs

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

Good morning everyone! The draft is finally here and we pick at 9:00 PM today, they second to last slot of the day. My plan right now is to try for a trade down. If I get an offer that seems reasonable and I think about taking I'll come here to get opinions so stay around today if you want input on that.

In case I can't find a good trade, what are some players you guys think we should target at our spot? I'm hoping that a guy like Slater maybe falls to us? I don't know how big of a need WR is now that Golladay is on the team (I'm not a Giants fan) but one of the top 3 WRs or Pitts could be there. And then the final option I've been thinking about is EDGE. I feel like we'd probably be taking the first EDGE on the board which I think isn't ideal but is there any that you Giants fans like most? Let me know your thoughts.

I think we should be looking for a top talent that falls to 11 (one of the big 4 pass catchers, Slater, or Parsons) or a trade out. I'd take a trade back if we are looking at edge. I like a lot of those guys about the same (Paye, Ojulari, Rousseau, Philips, etc).

I'll try to hop on around 9pm and give my opinion based on the board.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Also, what kind of return would you guys like to see in a trade down? I generally just go by the trade value chart. It's not perfect but I think it normally gets close enough.

That's always a good measuring stick. If we are moving down more than a few spots (to 15-20), I'd like to see an earlier 2nd in return. More than that, and we'd have to get a real good deal. Maybe a future 1st and a 3rd? Something like that. Especially if it is for a QB.

• Like 1

So at least two of Slater, Waddle, or Parsons are going to be there for us. I'm leaning Slater or Parsons. I've got an option of trading down a bit for a 3rd and a player (a WR) but I'd like to hear from some of you guys first. Would you want to take one of those top guys or here or trade down a few spots?

I will also say need wise there are a lot of other guys who fit our needs so trading down could be good even if we lose out on one of these top tier guys. We've still got AVT on the board who I like a lot and all of the edge rushers. So basically do you think this team could use some extra depth from a trade down or a more top-tier single guy.

Edited by rackcs