2021 - New York Giants FFMD II War Room

ny92mike

12 minutes ago, rackcs said:

@Acgott @minutemancl You guys are the only ones who have posted at all so let me know what you think. I welcome input from any actual Giants fans about the draft as you guys will know better than me.

I am torn between rooting for Micah Parsons or one of the talented Tackles who can also play guard. I do have some concerns about the right side of the line.

10 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

I am torn between rooting for Micah Parsons or one of the talented Tackles who can also play guard. I do have some concerns about the right side of the line.

What do you think about the potential trade I posted about? Trading back a few picks and pick up a 3rd and a WR? I think it could be worth it because there are plenty of good options available for us here so we could still get one of these good players and some extra value.

Well we're on the clock. I think the trade down I had is off the table now but I'll see and shop around a little bit. In the meantime I'd welcome input on this selection if we can't trade down. Parsons, Slater, AVT, and all of the EDGE guys on the board here.

So I traded back for a 3rd and 4th rounder to the 15th pick. I feel good about Slater, AVT, Parsons, or Paye so I'll take the chance that at least one of them will make it through 5 more picks. And we pick up two mid-rounders in the process. I feel good about the trade.

So with the Pats officially selecting Mac Jones it means for sure one of Slater, Parsons, AVT, or Paye will fall to us at 15. So we picked up an extra 3rd and 4th rounder to end up with one of the guys we were considering at 11 anyways.

16 minutes ago, rackcs said:

So with the Pats officially selecting Mac Jones it means for sure one of Slater, Parsons, AVT, or Paye will fall to us at 15. So we picked up an extra 3rd and 4th rounder to end up with one of the guys we were considering at 11 anyways.

Sorry! Totally missed it. I would use the extra picks to move up our second or third.

17 minutes ago, rackcs said:

The value isn't great, but getting one of Slater or Parsons at 15 would be awesome. Good work. 

If Minnesota doesn't take Slater here I'm taking Slater, if he does then I'm taking Alijah Vera-Tucker. That's where I'm at now anyways. I'm open to discussion on the pick but don't want to hold up the draft for too long so speak now or forever hold your peace.

16 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I have a potential trade opportunity that I'd like to discuss with you guys as well if anyone wants to get on. It's still in the negotiating phase so nothing is set in stone to be clear.

I’m on, but know nothing about prospects 

Just now, Acgott said:

I’m on, but know nothing about prospects 

Well beyond this pick that we're currently on, how would you feel about a trade that brings us back into the mid-1st giving up our 2nd rounder this and next year as well as pick 3.33? It's pretty fair value on the trade value chart so if I can work the trade out I'd be fine taking it but wanted to gauge the war room's feelings about the deal.

The idea would be to make a big job up to take one of the EDGE guys after taking an OG at the current pick. We take care of our two biggest needs in the first round and we still have a 3rd and two 4ths to add depth (plus the later round picks) so it's not liked we'd be lacking picks.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Well beyond this pick that we're currently on, how would you feel about a trade that brings us back into the mid-1st giving up our 2nd rounder this and next year as well as pick 3.33? It's pretty fair value on the trade value chart so if I can work the trade out I'd be fine taking it but wanted to gauge the war room's feelings about the deal.

The idea would be to make a big job up to take one of the EDGE guys after taking an OG at the current pick. We take care of our two biggest needs in the first round and we still have a 3rd and two 4ths to add depth (plus the later round picks) so it's not liked we'd be lacking picks.

I’ll be fine with that. Not the biggest fan of losing next year’s 2nd, but we need impact players today, not next year.