Eagles sign S Anthony Harris

ACO

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

He was one of the best safeties in the league in 2019.  He had 6 picks that year.  In 2020 his overall numbers weren't quite as good, but he should still be a nice addition to the Eagles defense, especially for only $5M.

Minny's secondary as a whole was turds, so can't really blame him for a down year. The CB's in front of him did him zero favors, and I don't remember the vikes having much of a pass rush.

Edited by Jeezla

32 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Minny's secondary as a whole was turds, so can't really blame him for a down year. The CB's in front of him did him zero favors, and I don't remember the vikes having much of a pass rush.

He and Harrison Smith were one of the best safety duos in the league.  The CB's were young, but could have been a lot worse than they were.  They took their rookie lumps here and there.  You are right about the pass rush though.  They were missing Danielle Hunter, their best pass rusher, and they had also signed Pierce from Baltimore to be a run stopper in the middle and he opted out of the 2020 season for Covid reasons.  They have a few ok support guys on the other side, but they were mainly JAGs.  There was almost no pass rush last year.  That certainly could have contributed to the drop in Harris' numbers.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Steal of the offseason 

I'm honestly shocked we made a good value signing like this. Honestly starting to be surprised when we just do something that isn't dumb now lol.

This is good for the Eagles and Harris gets to try in and cash in on more than a 1 year deal with the cap going up a lot next year. 

I was kinda worried about going into this season with our current safety room, especially since we don't really spend higher picks on safeties.

24 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Harris was used differently last year than in 2019 because the CBs were so young. Smith and Harris helped the CBs our in coverage much more than in years past. Which is why Mn prioritized adding a veteran CB over a veteran Safety.