In season news and notes

pwny

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

Ramsey

Bouye

Campbell

Telvin

Then he’s somewhere in the group with Jack, Dareus, Malik and Church. I think he’s probably the first of that group, which would put him at 5th. 

That's how I'd put it to, but I'd put him #5 and not think twice.

That next bunch is good of course, but we've seen what a lack of edge rush can do to a talented defense. Ngakoue has been absolutely insane this year. 

I'd rank them in their entirety:

1) Ramsey 

2) Bouye

3) Campbell

4) Telvin

5) Ngakoue

6) Dareus (the run defense was the achillies heel, what he has done to help shore that up has been tremendous (and yes, Malik/Abry have improved due to bringing him in which helps, but still)

7) Jack (Him and Telvin are so great in coverage, still have bad flashbacks to TE's in years past)

8) Church

9) Malik

6-9 is very close though, and I could see an argument for switching them around. Church being above Malik I think has more so to do with just how big of a step forward things are in the back end/safety situation after upgrading from Cyp. It's night and day.

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I’d put Campbell over Bouye, but otherwise I’m fine with the order. Just had Bouye first in my list because I bunched the Corners together.

It's close, but man has Bouye been insane this year. The guy had a 20.6 or whatever passer rating against yesterday. Campbell has obviously been tremendous for this team too. Good problem to have either way.

8 hours ago, iPwn said:

Ramsey

Bouye

Campbell

Telvin

Then he’s somewhere in the group with Jack, Dareus, Malik and Church. I think he’s probably the first of that group, which would put him at 5th. 

It's so hard to rank the value of different guys within this defense tbh.  It's like Marrone said earlier...the two elements are so complementary to each other.  The secondary is stout and that helps the DLine get consistent pressure.  And the consistent pressure as a group from that DLine lets the secondary feast.

Archived