In season news and notes

pwny

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Same.

So many people disliked the hire when it happened. Not many people liked the idea of Doug at all.

i wasnt thrilled by the hire but i didnt dislike the hire.  i felt Marrone kinda deserved a year or 2 and then see cuz i mean he looked like he got us back to a winning formula going 1 and 1 in his interim status with the same roster gus did.  

Hey, Hurns maybe back soon!  That's cool.  Obviously they always expected him back at some point before the season was done, hence not IR'ing him.  But he'd be gone for what seems like so long, and didn't really appear to be an end in sight.  Kinda started to wonder if we would actually see him again this year.  Good to see him potentially back.  Seems like he and Lee are continuing to tag in/out with assorted injuries.  xD

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2017 at 12:01 PM, Tugboat said:

Hey, Hurns maybe back soon!  That's cool.  Obviously they always expected him back at some point before the season was done, hence not IR'ing him.  But he'd be gone for what seems like so long, and didn't really appear to be an end in sight.  Kinda started to wonder if we would actually see him again this year.  Good to see him potentially back.  Seems like he and Lee are continuing to tag in/out with assorted injuries.  xD

I’m so glad that the last we saw of Hurns wasn’t him dragging his body off the field. And hope the last of him we see this season isn’t the last we see of him ever for us.

16 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I’m so glad that the last we saw of Hurns wasn’t him dragging his body off the field. And hope the last of him we see this season isn’t the last we see of him ever for us.

With Blake's improved play I expect Hurns to start showing out more ala 2015. I love that guy. Puts his body on the line and is one of the hardest workers there is. It's a shame that there's a real possibility he won't be back next year. But when you can't stay healthy and he's being paid as much as he is something has to give.

Archived