In season news and notes

pwny

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Listening to Jaguars Monday and man, I can't agree with Tony Boselli more regarding PFF. I like seeing some of the stats they come out with, but as far as grades, they are just awful.

They gave Ngakoue who had 4 tackles, 2.5 sacks, and 7 QB hits (most since 2015 by Watt) a negative grade this week. Cann/Parnell had negative grades in run blocking. Sheldon Day (who did have a decent game) was our highest graded player.

He played the run very poorly on some plays. So I get it.

But yes, their grades are nothing more than fun to look at. They’re a fun reference point, and it’s interesting to look at the scores, but it needs work. Some people want to look at it like a WAR or WRC+ or xFIP, and that’s just not what it is.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Some of these were posted in the GDT, but I wanted them in here too.

Still in shock about some of those. Especially the scoring on our first 4 drives being the first time since way back in 2001. It's not an easy feat but still seems a little...sad.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Still in shock about some of those. Especially the scoring on our first 4 drives being the first time since way back in 2001. It's not an easy feat but still seems a little...sad.

Outside of the second half of the 2007 season, they really haven’t had any good offenses over that timeframe. And even that one was a slow starting team that beat teams up then ran all over them in the second half.

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Jaguars season sack record is 12 by Tony Brackens in 1999. Campbell has 10 through 7 games, on track for 26.

Very well could see Yannick surpass Brackens too. He's at 6.5 through 7. Fowler is at 5.5.

Could have 3 players hit double digit sacks. Haven't had one since what, 2006 with Bobby McCray?

Archived