1st Round QB: The Last Piece of the Puzzle?

24 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

yeah, I don't see many ways Jones gets past Carolina and Denver.

Jones has none of the traits the Broncos typically seek in a QB. And he's not worth a top-10 pick. Stop overthinking this. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Starless said:

Jones has none of the traits the Broncos typically seek in a QB. And he's not worth a top-10 pick. Stop overthinking this. 

Maybe the Bronco will change their profile on QB. See the crap they put out on the field!!!😁

19 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Everything but the Trask part I am in agreement on.

You'd take Trask? All of the criticisms that are thrown at Jones are 10x more relevant with Trask, the guy is a statue that throws paper planes to his receivers. I'd take Mills day 2 and Mond over Newman (though i'm not sure I could spend the next 20 years watching that tucked up throwing motion lol).

19 hours ago, m haynes said:

I have been following the draft before computers were invented!!!!  Just off the top of my head, Pats passed on the player I wanted in the 1st rd. The players that they picked that  I wanted and THEY got it right were , Lester Williams. Merriwheather and Ty Warren.

I want Jones bad !!!! The Pats pick ...  Ah crap how could they pass on him!!!!!!

We won't pass on him, I don't think he'll be there for us.

• Like 1

yeah, I think the Patriots would love Jones at 15 but I'm not sure they would trade up to 7-10 to get him. 

Which when thinking about it, lets me lean to the Patriots trading all the way up to 4 to get Fields. 

I think it really comes down to those 2 and a corner if they stay at 15.

• Like 1

Ok folks I starting to waver concerning the QB that's Pats will take or should take

My reasons. The NFL is going to the new style of offense because its easier to find today's modern day QB. Reluctantly I have to come to terms that a pure pocket passer ( even if he ran a 4.3 40 ) will become a thing of the past. The college game and the coaches have changed for their best interest and its easier to find and develop a player.

The offense going forward will be simplified where the QB major asset is his legs and arm strength. Going forward the Tom Bradys of the world will never get a chance to develop  because they don't exist due to the fact that coaches all the way down to grade school find it easier to take the athlete that has RB skills with a strong arm and put him at the QB position. There would be no chance for a pocket passer becasue there is no one running that type offense or has any reason to develop his skills.

Look I still think Mac Jones is the real deal but he might be that last of a dying bread. Do you set up a offense (old Pats style) around a guy  and have an offense that can't function without him. The only backup would be someone with the same skills which will be nearly impossible to find.

That's the reason why the Pats take someone like Fields, not becasue he's a better QB than Jones but becasue he fit the  new NFL offensive style going forward.

Last I hate the new style it lacks the creativity in the passing game. Going forward I see the NFL with most of the teams with L Jackson type QB's and the lucky few will have Mahomes.  He's the problem eventually running will be the major asset for a QB because that the easiest  way to win at the lower levels.  The movie, " Remember the Titans" will be the norm with "Rev" running the offense. The lucky few will fine their Sunshine's. 

IMO I would hate to be a Ravens fan. That offense is as boring as heck.

Future  QBs is like today's family dinners. Fast food take out!  Its easy to prepare (HS coach) and has no flavor (Ravans offense).

Last its also will be harder going forward to find PMs when every young kid is develop into Jackson.

PS  Lynn Swann was one of the greatest WR I ever saw play. His career catches about (are you kidding me) five hundred. Boy would I have love to see him play in the Marino/Brady era. IMO thats what your looking at in the future.  Just like the NEW NBA!!!!

Oh I forgot Tray Lance still is over rated. He's miles behind Fields and Mond. They played on the big stage he played on (HS) Thursday/Friday nights !!!

Edited by m haynes

By the way, we're all failing to ask a big question: How does the 2022 QB class compare to this one? Because if they punt on taking a QB this year, we're all gonna be scrambling to look at that class.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

That sucks. You could legit see the first 4 QBs being all the top 4 picks. We might have to explore the Jimmy G option.

The Falcons won't take a QB. They restructured Ryan's deal a couple of weeks ago. I think after the top 3, the next QB will go to Denver at 9. The Pats could still get the 5th guy off the board but they'll probably need to trade up to ensure a team like the Bears or WFT doesn't skip in front of them. 

Just now, Starless said:

The Falcons won't take a QB. They restructured Ryan's deal a couple of weeks ago. I think after the top 3, the next QB will go to Denver at 9. The Pats could still get the 5th guy off the board but they'll probably need to trade up to ensure a team like the Bears or WFT doesn't skip in front of them. 

Just saw the dead cap, whew. I wonder why SF traded up if they know Atlanta doesn't take a QB. Seems weird. They could have traded with the Bengals. Either way, I think there will be another massive trade up from somewhere. I don't see Jones going anywhere close to 15.