Giants sign WR Kenny Golladay (4 years, $72M)

ACO

Just now, Ty21 said:

Cause WR has always been a disaster in Chicago and I was really hoping our corps this year would be ARob-Golladay-Mooney-other. He met with Chicago but we probably offered him vet min 

understandable. Although I'm not sure how much it would have changed with the Red Rifle

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

18m per in this market that’s a huge win for him. Pressure is going to be on Jones now.

Danny Jones has zero excuses at this stage in his career.   OL addressed, Barkley back, weapons that win at every facet of the pass game now.

• Like 6

Giants fans, you want the good news or the bad news first? Good news first? Ok

The good news is, he's got great size, balance, physical presence, he uses it very well on contested balls, back shoulder, in traffic.

The bad news is that all of his catches are that way because he doesn't get separation on his routes, he's not a burner or a deep threat unless you're throwing it to him deep on a jump ball.

• Like 2

KG was the lone legit #1 WR on the market, so he wasn't going to be cheap.  But the Giants were clearly committed to getting Jones help on offense.  Hopefully he stays healthy and lives up to the contract.

• Like 4

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Very. Especially because Barkley can get flexed out in the slot potentially as well. 

Barkley and Evan will be played everywhere. Outside, inside, and backfield. With Rudolph as a steady, more traditional TE, it opens things up for Engram more, assuming we keep him. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Barkley and Evan will be played everywhere. Outside, inside, and backfield. With Rudolph as a steady, more traditional TE, it opens things up for Engram more, assuming we keep him. 

Engram & Shepard are really best in the slot.  I'd guess you'll keep 1 (Shepard only has 1 year left, and pretty low amount of dead $ if they walk away).

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Engram & Shepard are really best in the slot.  I'd guess you'll keep 1 (Shepard only has 1 year left, and pretty low amount of dead $ if they walk away).

I'm not looking at more than this year. Lots of stuff can happen before 2022 opening day. 

I agree that both are best in the slot, but Shep gets pigeon holed by everyone as strictly a slot WR, when his numbers prove he's been just as effective as an outside guy throughout his career. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'm not looking at more than this year. Lots of stuff can happen before 2022 opening day. 

I agree that both are best in the slot, but Shep gets pigeon holed by everyone as strictly a slot WR, when his numbers prove he's been just as effective as an outside guy throughout his career. 

Sure, he's not terrible outside, but there's no way you're lining him up outside with Golladay/Slayton.    It's not the end of the world if you have both Engram & Shepard next year, but if you extend Engram, Shepard at most stays 1 more year, then he should leave.   No way they should pay him and Engram both - and yes, to be clear, I meant 2022+, not 2021 obv.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1