Giants sign WR Kenny Golladay (4 years, $72M)

ACO

54 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

The talent at WR in today’s game is ridiculous so him being a ranked that low is a testament too how deep crop of wide receivers are in today’s game 

Oh for sure. And it is only going to get more deep when some of these young guys get more reps under their belts, and when some of these younger guys enter the league. 

That said, I really hope this doesn't preclude the Giants from taking a WR at some point in this upcoming draft. We missed out not taking a flier on Tyler Johnson this past year. When a position group is that deep, you need to take advantage of it. 

6 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Giants fans, you want the good news or the bad news first? Good news first? Ok

The good news is, he's got great size, balance, physical presence, he uses it very well on contested balls, back shoulder, in traffic.

The bad news is that all of his catches are that way because he doesn't get separation on his routes, he's not a burner or a deep threat unless you're throwing it to him deep on a jump ball.

Sounds like Dez Bryant back in the day.

9 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Before I do this, let me start by saying that the league does not have 32 #1 WRs, if that's what you're hinting at. WRs I'd personally have over KG (in no order): 

Tyreek, Davante, Julio, DK, AJB, Nuk, Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, McLaurin, ACooper, Jefferson, Theilen, ARob, Diggs. 

And you could argue other guys like Ridley, Aiyuk, Chark, Woods, etc. (though I have Kenny above all of them). 

So I would put Kenny at #16, which I think is essentially the cut-off for the true #1's of the league. Low end #1. 

8 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Thats right about where I'd have him as well. I think he's above DJ Moore, but probably below all of those other guys. That puts him at 14 for me. 

Evans? Godwin? Thomas? 

12 hours ago, Gmen said:

KG was the lone legit #1 WR on the market, so he wasn't going to be cheap.  But the Giants were clearly committed to getting Jones help on offense.  Hopefully he stays healthy and lives up to the contract.

Hopefully? Where is that brash Gmen post where we hear that this is the move that gets you back to the Super Bowl?

42 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

He produces like 1100 yards per year when healthy. That's not a "nobody" lol.

Also I’m not sure what “huge long term” contracts have been handed out outside of maybe a handful of guys. A lot of 1 and 2 year deals that I’m seeing. 

4 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

This is the off-season of signing nobodies to huge long term contracts.  

A lot of desperate teams out there.  

Only huge contracts has been Thuney and Golladay and arguments can certainly be made for their worth. 

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

He produces like 1100 yards per year when healthy. That's not a "nobody" lol.

He had one good season.  And by “good” I don’t mean outstanding.

Antonio Brown had 7 seasons over 1100 and Oakland signed him for only 50 million with 30 guaranteed in comparison.  He was a 4 time first team by that time.  

And, New York just gave this guy upwards to 76 million?  

What makes him so special?