Finally it’s Golladay! 4 years $72M- $40M Guaranteed

Acgott

50 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Now we have a big guy on the outside. Now our draft becomes very interesting. I really think BPA at #11. Could it be Pitts? Rousseau or Surtain II ??

I would hope that we don't draft Pitts, but would be thrilled if we landed Rousseau, Surtain and would even like to add OL Tucker to the list.  

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Such an intriguing FA visit. Wonder what the hold up was 

He had to keep us in suspense. And upgrade his Marriott member status to Gold. 😄

What a relief!! The wait just about killed us, but we made it through the TNF Eagles game; we can survive anything! Sounds like Judge was really impressed with Golladay, and his physical went well too.

Now let's get a corner and an edge guy!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Now we have a big guy on the outside. Now our draft becomes very interesting. I really think BPA at #11. Could it be Pitts? Rousseau or Surtain II ??

Seeing how the Giants have someone that was recently coaching at Penn state, I am rooting for Micah Parson if Sean Spencer approves of him.

16 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Wanted to say one more thing: as I feel that his injury concerns are a bit overblown, he's absolutely talented enough - and young enough - to fit that contract. I don't think it's a bad contract for Golladay, and I don't think it's the overpay that some have suggested.

Thanks for the info...

Aside from his 2020 time on the field, Golladay's stats are rock solid.  So glad that the team is finally getting talent at receiver for Daniel Jones.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Wanted to say one more thing: as I feel that his injury concerns are a bit overblown, he's absolutely talented enough - and young enough - to fit that contract. I don't think it's a bad contract for Golladay, and I don't think it's the overpay that some have suggested.

Appreciate it man. Can't wait to watch Kenny ball out for the Giants!

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – The Giants didn't have Kenny Golladay at hello, but once the two sides got to know each other a little bit, they quickly agreed a partnership would benefit both sides.

"Just hearing the vision that coach Joe Judge had and (coordinator) Jason Garrett had as far as the offense, that had me right there," Golladay said on a Saturday evening Zoom call. "And just walking around the building, everybody greeting me and with them pretty much telling me that they wanted me here and I'm expressing the same thing. It was kind of like a no-brainer and I'm glad it worked out."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Thanks for the info...

Aside from his 2020 time on the field, Golladay's stats are rock solid.  So glad that the team is finally getting talent at receiver for Daniel Jones.  

Yeah, exactly. His 2018 and 2019 seasons have been completely forgotten in all of this.

I wanted the Lions to tag him, and was surprised (and disappointed) when they didn't. When I read what other Lions' fans thought, it was all "he's injury prone", "he quit on the team last year" and "he's not worth the money". All of that is false. He couldn't return to the field in 2020 because he re-injured himself in November trying to push himself back from injury. The dude played a bunch of games during 2018 and 2019 and played at a very high level. He's young, he's never an issue off the field and seems to be a good locker room guy. I also sense a bit of a "clutch" vibe from him, although it's tough to gauge "clutch" when you're playing for a bad team.

I'll definitely be pulling for him, and I don't think there's a question that he makes the Giants a better football team. Your weapons are fantastic now.

• Like 2

This signing had to happen. Yes we may have overpaid a bit. But to get a true #1 sometimes you have to. No more excuses for Jones. He has more weapons now then Eli ever had. He either produces with this corps or he shows us he's a bust. I am pulling for him and expect big numbers this season. But if he continues to sputter it's time to move on..

• Like 1