Jaguars issue apology

pwny

We’re a close knit forum without much wild anger between members, so I figured I would give a chance for this to be discussed in a kind, intelligent manner. Please keep responses within forum rules.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Disappointed that this needed to be done. People just see kneeling during the anthem and assume things without actually reading into why they actually did it.

I echo these sentiments as well. Like I tell my kids all the time, if you don't understand something, ask questions until you do.

7 hours ago, iPwn said:

For the team to issue an apology, it feels largely an empty gesture to placate those who would rather complain about the how than to have a hard discussion about the why.

Yeah.  To me, it feels like an empty gesture where they're trying to have their cake and eat it too.  Especially after feeling the impact at the ticket booth on Sunday.

Either it meant something, or it didn't.  It's not really a..."both ways" sort of thing.  Much as that would be convenient...the whole point is that it's not convenient.

Whatever.  I'm so tired of this whole thing.  I really wish there was an honest to goodness, genuine constructive dialogue opened about the issue...as it was originally intended to generate.  But it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.  It just seems to be further entrenching and dividing people, so far as i can tell from afar.

Archived