FFMD21 WFT War Room - Draft Starts 3/29

MKnight82

Just now, ovfd55 said:

So guessing 4 picks in between would be Lance,Sewell,Pitts,Chase in some order leaving us With Parsons,Slater,Smith, or Yuck Mac Jones

I'm ok with it but don't feel value is their at same time

We will probably lose out on Lance doing this 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

We will probably lose out on Lance doing this 

I don't think we're Lance or Bust just think losing out on the top LT possible top wr and to me best player in draft though his position isn't as vaulable  for a 3rd and a future 2nd value is there

Still think you gamble and take the high ceiling QB instead of trade though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Not to mention, this fan base can not be patient enough for an FCS QB to develop properly.  

Instant satisfaction is what this fan base has desired for almost a century, why change now? 

Not the fact that Sewell would hold down the LT position for over a decade or Parsons could be our Ray Lewis... let's reach for the 4th best QB... 

Rant over. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Instant satisfaction is what this fan base has desired for almost a century, why change now? 

Not the fact that Sewell would hold down the LT position for over a decade or Parsons could be our Ray Lewis... let's reach for the 4th best QB... 

Rant over. 

Oh I’m with you.  I’m fine with any QB in the first but Lance.  And a trade up for Lance would be terrible all around.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I think you can gauge the value of Trey Lance if the Panthers were trying to trade up for him instead of settling on Mac Jones. What's the phrase,  "Don't pass on a Franchise QB if you don't have one"

They offered pennies. Its not like that was a "we want our Franchise QB offer".

I think the saying is "don't pass on generational talent to reach for a QB". When we made the trade up I figured it was to secure the best non-QB in the draft, but clearly there was a consensus amongst others that was the right move.

If this exact scenario played out in real life, I would be irate with the F.O. We downgraded our G position and reached for a QB. 

Fortunately I think our FO wouldn't trade up and if they did it would be for the BPA instead of reaching for a QB.

I think our FO will probably go OT or LB in the draft, but I'm not qualified to make those decisions. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 5:19 PM, MKnight82 said:

@LoganF89 @MikeT14 @Woz @Thaiphoon @naptownskinsfan @Skinsin2013 @offbyone @taylor made @ARTMONK HOF @ovfd55 @Slappy Mc @ripsean21 

We have an interesting trade offer from the Atlanta Falcons.

They have offered us the #4 overall pick for Guard Brandon Scherff, the #19 overall pick, and a conditional future 7th round pick.  The conditions are that Scherff signs a long term contract with the Falcons, if he does, it stays a 7th (next year). If he leaves in free agency they are compensated by it increasing to a 3rd round pick next year. 

So in summary:

WFT Receives

#4 overall pick

Falcons Receive

#19 overall pick

RG Brandon Scherff

Conditional future 7th (possibly a 3rd)

Thoughts?

Obviously we'd have to consider whether we have a suitable replacement on the current roster for Scherff or whether we will need to draft someone.  Other consideration is obviously who we could land at #4.  Or possibly we could consider picking up more picks by auctioning off pick #4. 

Absolutely.  Unbelievably cheap to move up.  Look at what San Fran just gave up.  Plus we end up with 18M in cap space and move on from a guy who isn't gonna be here long term anyways.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Guys the Panthers have offered us 8, their 3rd and a future 2nd for 4.  Need to vote on this trade offer.

Sorry I was late on responding to the last trade.  I agreed with that trade, great value.

I do not agree with this one.  They need to give us more.  If they gave us their second instead of their 3rd then I am very interested.

I don't like Lance at 4.  These qbs are all being drafted too high and over drafting the sloppy 4th qb at 4 should tell you everything. 

Pitts or Sewell if you have to pull the trigger at #4.