FFMD21 WFT War Room - Draft Starts 3/29

MKnight82

21 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Absolutely.  Unbelievably cheap to move up.  Look at what San Fran just gave up.  Plus we end up with 18M in cap space and move on from a guy who isn't gonna be here long term anyways.

The exact thinking that I have, and there’s plenty of guards in FA we could add or the draft. Trai Turner would be the guy in FA for me

4 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

The exact thinking that I have, and there’s plenty of guards in FA we could add or the draft. Trai Turner would be the guy in FA for me

Unfortunately, I just realized I was super late to the party here.  Looks like we are in the Trey Lance business.  

Being that this is the case, can we trade Fitz or Kyle Allen or Heinicke for a pick?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

Unfortunately, I just realized I was super late to the party here.  Looks like we are in the Trey Lance business.  

Being that this is the case, can we trade Fitz or Kyle Allen or Heinicke for a pick?

Couldn’t trade Fitzpatrick yet, but I believe Allen and Heineicke could be moved.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Couldn’t trade Fitzpatrick yet, but I believe Allen and Heineicke could be moved.  

Considering the GM has Fitz as the 3rd QB on the depth chart before we drafted Lance, we should just outright cut Fitzpatrick and keep Allen and Heinicke 

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Be interesting to see what people value them at, after the playoff game Heinicke had it’s possible we could look at a team like Chicago for a 4th.

allen is restricted making under 1 mill so I feel he would be the one to keep as the 3rd QB

Just now, LoganF89 said:

Be interesting to see what people value them at, after the playoff game Heinicke had it’s possible we could look at a team like Chicago for a 4th.

allen is restricted making under 1 mill so I feel he would be the one to keep as the 3rd QB

I am also not sure what value Allen would have coming off the injury he suffered either.  Heineke would probably be the guy getting moved.  

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That’s because Fitzpatrick sucks

I get your opinion.

Considering he will be at WORST the #2 to start the season, I have to believe the current management disagrees with your opinion.

This is a scenario where you are the GM and the majority of the people have spoken about the direction to go (trading up for a QB) I completely understand why you feel that way. You have listened to the forum well about things from what I can tell reading back. I think if I looked at it from the perspective that the intended goal wast to trade up for one of the top 4 QBs, we did just that so I would say success. You got a replacement for Brandon Scherff with a player familiar to the franchise. I just play Madden differently than you.

22 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I get your opinion.

Considering he will be at WORST the #2 to start the season, I have to believe the current management disagrees with your opinion.

This is a scenario where you are the GM and the majority of the people have spoken about the direction to go (trading up for a QB) I completely understand why you feel that way. You have listened to the forum well about things from what I can tell reading back. I think if I looked at it from the perspective that the intended goal wast to trade up for one of the top 4 QBs, we did just that so I would say success. You got a replacement for Brandon Scherff with a player familiar to the franchise. I just play Madden differently than you.

This is why these things aren’t really worth it to me.  I used to do them on the forum I was on before coming here.  I got our team the first year I did one, did a legit off-season and didn’t make the “playoffs” for voting.  The next year, I got the Texans and made some good moves but got booted in the second round.  Meanwhile, guys made it further than me literally trading everyone off the team they got. 

It’s a fun distraction, but even the worst mock in the Mock Drafts forum here is worth more for us to dissect than this.  

I just find it odd to celebrate signing someone like Fitzpatrick but to object to drafting someone like Lance. What’s the goal here, to find a way to remain as mediocre as possible forever? To win the “gosh, if only they had a QB, they’d really make some noise” award for a few years running?

I’m not sold on Lance either. There are a lot of warning signs that make him a big risk. But again, most of the same warning signs existed with a guy like Josh Allen, and the upside is similar too. The Bills have been as meaningless and inconsequential over the past couple decades as we have, but now they actually matter. We haven’t actually mattered in just about 30 years. 

They matter because they took a big risk on a really talented kid they believed in, even when a lot of people said it would backfire on them (myself included), and they were right.

It’s hard for me to say if I think it’d be a similarly good gamble for us, because so much will depend on Lance’s intangibles and that’s really really hard to evaluate without meeting him and testing him and speaking with people who know him. But if they fall in love with his character and football IQ and work ethic, they should do what it takes to get him. Because the physical profile is elite. And because there’s no one we could draft at any position that would change this franchise’s fortune like a QB who finally pans out. You could get Pitts and Parsons and Chase, and they still wouldn’t come close to affecting the future in the way Lance would if he becomes a star. So if they’re believers, there’s no such thing as too high to take him.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I just find it odd to celebrate signing someone like Fitzpatrick but to object to drafting someone like Lance. What’s the goal here, to find a way to remain as mediocre as possible forever? To win the “gosh, if only they had a QB, they’d really make some noise” award for a few years running?

I’m not sold on Lance either. There are a lot of warning signs that make him a big risk. But again, most of the same warning signs existed with a guy like Josh Allen, and the upside is similar too. The Bills have been as meaningless and inconsequential over the past couple decades as we have, but now they actually matter. We haven’t actually mattered in just about 30 years. 

They matter because they took a big risk on a really talented kid they believed in, even when a lot of people said it would backfire on them (myself included), and they were right.

It’s hard for me to say if I think it’d be a similarly good gamble for us, because so much will depend on Lance’s intangibles and that’s really really hard to evaluate without meeting him and testing him and speaking with people who know him. But if they fall in love with his character and football IQ and work ethic, they should do what it takes to get him. Because the physical profile is elite. And because there’s no one we could draft at any position that would change this franchise’s fortune like a QB who finally pans out. You could get Pitts and Parsons and Chase, and they still wouldn’t come close to affecting the future in the way Lance would if he becomes a star. So if they’re believers, there’s no such thing as too high to take him.

Because Fitzmagic can win football games.

Lance could be worse than Haskins, if that's possible.

Why draft a Lance, when you can have Fitzmagic?

And still have Micah Parsons, Surtain II, Jaylen Waddle or some other player who could START...right away @19.

This team isn't a Franchise QB away from making, or winning the SB.

They're an average-to-good QB play away from making, or winning a SB.

So why reach for a QB, when you don't have too?

At least, that's how I see it.

6 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Because Fitzmagic can win football games.

59-86-1 career record

only 13 4th quarter comebacks in his career  (Stafford has a 70-90 record with nearly triple the comebacks). Sam Bradford had a better pace. 

Fitzmagic exists because he brings excitement, but let's not pretend he goes out there and just wins games for teams. 

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

It's why I would be ok with Lance even though at moment Sewell Pitts and Parsons are better prospects,Cuase even if one of the 3 hits we're still trying to find a QB to have a chance to win a super bowl anytime soon.If Lance hits we have a chance at winning as soon as he hits til he retires.

Also there is still 6 rounds of this mock draft and this draft is deep at OT LB and has some boom guys at other spots of need like WR and TE and Safety