FFMD21 WFT War Room - Draft Starts 3/29

MKnight82

39 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

But.... what would you all think of AGG for Mack Wilson? 

our WR depth chart

Mclaurin, Samuel, Humphries, Harmon, C.Sims, S. Sims, AGG and I imagine we draft a WR some time in the draft as well

we could use depth at LB and Wilson did have a good rookie year, he got hurt before the season started and seemed to struggle with coverage a bit before getting benched but that could be injury related. He could be good depth 

I like it.

for those who aren’t following along too much and relying on our war room these are the first round results with the 2nd round beginning

1. JAGS Trevor Lawrence QB

2. JETS Zack Wilson QB

3. 49ers Justin Fields QB

4. WFT Trey Lance QB

5. BENGALS Jamar Chase WR

6. DOLPHINS Kyle Pitts TE

7. LIONS Penei Sewell OT

8. TEXANS Patrick Surtain CB

9. CHIEFS Devontae Smith WR

10. COWBOYS Jaylen Waddle WR

11. Patriots Mac Jones QB

12. Eagles Micah Parsons LB

13. CHARGERS Jaycee Horn CB

14. VIKINGS Rayshon Slayter OT

15. GIANTS Alija Vera-Tucker OG

16. Dolphins Christian Darrisaw OT

17. Raiders Trevon Moehrig S

18. Dolphins Caleb Farley CB

19. Falcons Jalen Phillips EDGE

20. Bears Tevin Jenkins OT

21. Colts Kwity Paye EDGE

22. Titans Greg Newsome CB

23. Jets Greg Rousseau EDGE

24. Steelers Travis Ettiene RB

25. Jags JOK LB

26. Eagles Rashod Bateman WR

27. Ravens Terrence Marshall WR

28. Saints Zaven Collins LB

29. JAGS Rondale Moore WR

30. BILLS Najee Harris RB

31. Broncos Azeri Ojulari LB

32. Broncos Javontae Williams RB

NOTABLE PLAYERS STILL AVAILABLE

LB Bolton, Davis, Moses, Cox, Surratt, Werner, Ossai, Browning, Mcgrone

WR E.Moore, St.Brown, Toney, Rodgers, Wallace, Surratt 

TE Jordan, Friermuth, Long, Tremble

OT Leatherwood, Cosmi, Radunz, Mayfield, Hudson, Eichenburg

OG Davis, T.Smith, Cleveland, D.Brown,

CB Samuel Jr, Stokes, Campbell, Melifonwu, Moldon

S Nasirldeen, Holland, Sterns, Cisco, Ford, Wade

RB Carter, Gainwell, Stevenson

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Personally I really like Friermuth and would love to target him with our upcoming pick.

From what I’ve seen I like him as well but replacing Scherff is very important. I think I might have to go with T. Smith/Tenn OG who I think would fit in nicely on the O-Line. 

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

From what I’ve seen I like him as well but replacing Scherff is very important. I think I might have to go with T. Smith/Tenn OG who I think would fit in nicely on the O-Line. 

We already traded for Ereck flowers. 

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I’d go Jamin Davis. I don’t see the effort out of the Penn ST TE. I think Davis would be a freak on this defense

He just got drafted. It looks like we just traded WR Gandy Golden for LB Mack Wilson as well. I think that does well for our LB depth but I'm not sure if that means we should avoid drafting another LB in R2 if someone like Nick Bolton is still on the board. 

It looks like there are 12 more picks until our selection tomorrow night at 10PM. There are still a lot of good OL & Safeties still available and I think the value will be there at those positions. I'd expect Samuel Cosmi and Jaylen Mayfield to be gone by our selection. WR Kadarius Toney is an interesting name who also should be gone when our selection comes..  I'd expect Pat Freiermuth to have a lot of fans and it should be interesting to see if he'll be on the board when we pick - he's 13th BPA on my board right now.

Edited by taylor made
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, taylor made said:

He just got drafted. It looks like we just traded WR Gandy Golden for LB Mack Wilson as well. I think that does well for our LB depth but I'm not sure if that means we should avoid drafting another LB in R2 if someone like Nick Bolton is still on the board. 

It looks like there are 12 more picks until our selection tomorrow night at 10PM. There are still a lot of good OL & Safeties still available and I think the value will be there at those positions. I'd expect Samuel Cosmi and Jaylen Mayfield to be gone by our selection. WR Kadarius Toney is an interesting name who also should be gone when our selection comes..  I'd expect Pat Freiermuth to have a lot of fans and it should be interesting to see if he'll be on the board when we pick - he's 13th BPA on my board right now.

No I know Freiermuth will have a ton of support I just think he’s a highly over rated prospect as to what he’s going to do in the pros. He doesn’t separate but he also isn’t the greatest at using his size to box out for a pass. Now while I say this it is understandable that he elevated his game with a better passer in the NFL. But I watched him a ton because of the TE need here and man this was absolutely a guy I wanted to call in love with and just never was wowed at anything I saw from him.

Lower effort blocker not a explosive player he just never put the types of things on film especially to warrant a 3rd round or higher selection outside of his athletic build. He does have good hands. But this guy is def no baby Grimm as they labeled him. This guy IMO will be lucky to be as effective as I think Hockenson was last year from what I’ve seen on tape. Hock came on last year so that’s not a dis it’s just simply hard for me to take a TE in the top 2 rounds that isn’t special at something. This guy simply isn’t that.

Just what I saw on tape and while I understand that’s due to the QB play I think he really benifitted from the pass catchers the year prior to this one and the run game they had. But just what I see I know he has ability I just never saw the traits to justify being selected before the 3rd round. The thing I think I need to make clear is this class just doesn’t have the top end value round 1-2 that we have had in the last few years. I think the value of this class will be round 3 and 4 outside of a few positions. I think the value in round 2 will be LB. because after that I think there’s a serious fall off.

1-2 you have really good OL prospects then the value comes back in round 4-5. Saftey this is the best class I’ve seen in years but their just isn’t a sure fire top end talent but there’s hella value throughout. CB and WR man another crazy class. The QB’s I mean I love the top guys I’ve just identified my guy in the class and he just comes later unless Fields or Lance fell I just can’t justify 5 QB’s that high especially if you factor in moving up.

DL there’s no top flight level guys so the value just isn’t there high. There are plenty of special guys that need a ton of work but no real clear cut guys. And this RB class is talented throughout but there’s a lot of names there’s just a guy or two really throughout that I think really shouts value in their projected range. Now the ones I don’t love can shine in certain situations/ scene specific teams. But that’s really how I see this class as a whole

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

We're scheduled to pick tonight, we really need to figure out who we want to pick at 51. 

The players I would be interested in, in no particular order: 

LB Dylan Moses, G Wyatt Davis, WR Amon-Ra St Brown, TE Pat Freiermuth, LB Jabril Cox, CB Asante Samuel Jr, 

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We're scheduled to pick tonight, we really need to figure out who we want to pick at 51. 

The players I would be interested in, in no particular order: 

LB Dylan Moses, G Wyatt Davis, WR Amon-Ra St Brown, TE Pat Freiermuth, LB Jabril Cox, CB Asante Samuel Jr, 

I'd prob go TE,Cox,St.Brown,Samuel,Davis,Moses if choosing from them also really like a Saftey having his pro day today at UCF