FFMD21 WFT War Room - Draft Starts 3/29

MKnight82

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Brevin Jordan's combine numbers were ... interesting.

Anyway, if I have a vote it's Cosmi. Can be our swing tackle and possibly develop into our LT. 

Cosmi just feels like a Geron Christian 2.0 to me.  Athletic dude who's more finesse than power.  Meh.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

My issue with taking a Guard this high is that I really would like to give Saahdiq Charles the opportunity to win one of the starting roles.  

Keep in mind, Erik Flowers is essentially a one year deal.  If Charles wins the spot we have a 10M top flight back up, not the end of the world and he can backup both LG, RG and Tackle.  Martin should be cut.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Cosmi just feels like a Geron Christian 2.0 to me.  Athletic dude who's more finesse than power.  Meh.

Interesting, Poor Cosmi. 

Cosmi did 36 reps at his combine. I think Christian did half that. He's much stronger and a much better run blocker. He is raw on his pass blocking. I get that. I think he's way more tenacious than Christian ever was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

Keep in mind, Erik Flowers is essentially a one year deal.  If Charles wins the spot we have a 10M top flight back up, not the end of the world and he can backup both LG, RG and Tackle.  Martin should be cut.

There's also no guarantee Wes Schweitzer plays well enough again, and Wes Martin is a bag of poop. 

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

It just seems to me that we have a lot of other needs than taking another Guard when we have several players to compete at that spot already. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

There's also no guarantee Wes Schweitzer plays well enough again, and Wes Martin is a bag of poop. 

Flowers will start.  Between Schweitzer and Charles one of them should be solid enough.  We literally have crap as LT, #2 WR, LB, S and depth CB options. Just because we traded Scherff doesn't make Guard a need. 

I also think CB is more of a need than meets the eye.  I like the William Jackson signing and Fuller, but after that none of our corners really impress me.  Add to that Jackson is already 29 and could be cut after 2 years of his deal and CB starts looking thinner than you think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

For those who want a TE, Brevin Jordan will not make it to our 3rd round pick, and the options get pretty thin after him.

I vote TE, there are plenty of good LBs left that we could take in the 3rd. Or potentially trade up and get

Bolton, Cox, Surratt are my 3 favorite LBs