FFMD21 WFT War Room - Draft Starts 3/29

MKnight82

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I also think CB is more of a need than meets the eye.  I like the William Jackson signing and Fuller, but after that none of our corners really impress me.  Add to that Jackson is already 29 and could be cut after 2 years of his deal and CB starts looking thinner than you think.

Tyson Campbell

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

It just seems to me that we have a lot of other needs than taking another Guard when we have several players to compete at that spot already. 

I hear you, but he is Scherff and in the second round.  If we were willing to spend 18M on scherff, we could take the best guard in the draft in the second round BPA and feel good about that.  Flowers is a one year bridge.  Charles is an unknown and was a minimal investment.  But you might be right on the other positions of equal need and similar level players.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

If Jordan falls to us.

True

Have we thought about wanting to trade down in the 2nd? Potentially grabbing a late 3rd? 

with plenty of Talent there it could allow us to take a TE, Corner, WR in the 3rd while taking a LB in the 2nd

13 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

True

Have we thought about wanting to trade down in the 2nd? Potentially grabbing a late 3rd? 

with plenty of Talent there it could allow us to take a TE, Corner, WR in the 3rd while taking a LB in the 2nd

I'm probably not going to have time today to work out a trade.

It's a weird spot cuase feel like Guys like Cox Grant and Radunz or even The USC WR are better prospects then Jordan but feel like you can still get another player at them positions later at same time compared to where the list of TEs you expect to contribute right away almost disappears after Jordan

Guess it becomes do you for a Position or take BPA

52 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

It's a weird spot cuase feel like Guys like Cox Grant and Radunz or even The USC WR are better prospects then Jordan but feel like you can still get another player at them positions later at same time compared to where the list of TEs you expect to contribute right away almost disappears after Jordan

Guess it becomes do you for a Position or take BPA

Jordan > Pat

Here's my big board for who is left.

1) Dillon Radunz - He's my pick if you want OL. We just picked Trey Lance so you have the benefit of the the NDST teammate good juju. Do we need a LT of the future? (Yes IMO)

2) Nick Bolton - He tested average so he's dropping but he was an early 2nd rounder. He can play MLB or WLB and would finally give us a good young LB prospect

3) Jaylen Mayfield - Uh how is this guy still available? He's the consensus BPA according to most rankings. He can play multiple O-Line positions and would be an instant starter at guard.

4) Wyatt Davis - Guard only prospect and I'm surprised he's available.

5) Ifeatu Melifonwu - There's been some talk of going CB in the recent post and I'm not sure we'd agree on a consensus on someone but this is the guy I like.

Guys like Jevon Holland and Kodarius Toney are next and I could get on board with them as well.

As for Brevin Jordan, I think he's more of a 3rd rounder and I wouldn't consider him here. He tested average and I think he's more of a TE2 than a TE1.

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You mean us trading down? 

Yes, just checking in to see what they will offer, he said the guy they were interested in was just picked but will be in touch

basically if the board has plenty that we are interested in It could be wise to trade down and add more picks

im ok staying as well but it’s worth listening in on offers. 

just gauging the value that’s all, will post in here what he offers if they do offer anything for us to discuss