FFMD21 WFT War Room - Draft Starts 3/29

We pick again later this afternoon and tonight with our third round picks. 9 picks to go. I know @LoganF89said he wanted to go LB later and there's a lot LB depth in this round. The other pick would be up in the air with no clear need I feel. I'll make my big board after the first 4-5 picks of the third round have been made.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, taylor made said:

We pick again later this afternoon and tonight with our third round picks. 9 picks to go. I know @LoganF89said he wanted to go LB later and there's a lot LB depth in this round. The other pick would be up in the air with no clear need I feel. I'll make my big board after the first 4-5 picks of the third round have been made.

LBer, WR, CB or S would be priorities imo

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

LBer, WR, CB or S would be priorities imo

I think it would probably be wise to add OL to that list. We have about 10 games of sample to suggest Cornelius Lucas can play LT in the NFL, and he’s also a 31-year-old FA after the season. That’s a tenuous place to be in at the most important position on the line. Moses is also 30+ now, and who knows if his good fortune with injury will last. At the guard spots, in this simulation, we have Schweitzer and Flowers, which sounds like a quality law firm but not so much in terms of a good OG duo. Schweitzer’s primary accomplishment thus far has been proving surprisingly to be the Wesser of two evils at LG last year, and Flowers is probably topping out as a solid guard. There’s room to upgrade both of them.

It might be a long shot to get a starting LT at this point, but there are several guys who fit the mold of “might be able to play OT but could be excellent interior OL.” My top two left on the board would be Trey Smith (definitely more OG than OT for me) and Brady Christensen, who I’ve posted about but really think is flying hugely under the radar. 

LB is definitely a huge need. I think there a few guys left who could help. Pete Werner is actually probably my favorite, but you’ve also got his OSU teammate Baron Browning, who is an insanely good athlete, and Jabril Cox, who is long and a really fluid mover. 

At FS, also a big need, I would think Elijah Molden would be the only viable option I’m seeing. I’m not a huge fan of a guy that small without big-time juice, but lots of people do rave about his football IQ. I’d wait there.

For WR, my pick for this team would be Nico Collins. I didn’t love him on film, but he was pretty impressive at the Senior Bowl and he’s got the size and speed combination to give us an element we don’t have. The upside is really significant there if he proves he can consistently separate laterally like he did at the Senior Bowl. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think it would probably be wise to add OL to that list. We have about 10 games of sample to suggest Cornelius Lucas can play LT in the NFL, and he’s also a 31-year-old FA after the season. That’s a tenuous place to be in at the most important position on the line. Moses is also 30+ now, and who knows if his good fortune with injury will last. At the guard spots, in this simulation, we have Schweitzer and Flowers, which sounds like a quality law firm but not so much in terms of a good OG duo. Schweitzer’s primary accomplishment thus far has been proving surprisingly to be the Wesser of two evils at LG last year, and Flowers is probably topping out as a solid guard. There’s room to upgrade both of them.

It might be a long shot to get a starting LT at this point, but there are several guys who fit the mold of “might be able to play OT but could be excellent interior OL.” My top two left on the board would be Trey Smith (definitely more OG than OT for me) and Brady Christensen, who I’ve posted about but really think is flying hugely under the radar. 

LB is definitely a huge need. I think there a few guys left who could help. Pete Werner is actually probably my favorite, but you’ve also got his OSU teammate Baron Browning, who is an insanely good athlete, and Jabril Cox, who is long and a really fluid mover. 

At FS, also a big need, I would think Elijah Molden would be the only viable option I’m seeing. I’m not a huge fan of a guy that small without big-time juice, but lots of people do rave about his football IQ. I’d wait there.

For WR, my pick for this team would be Nico Collins. I didn’t love him on film, but he was pretty impressive at the Senior Bowl and he’s got the size and speed combination to give us an element we don’t have. The upside is really significant there if he proves he can consistently separate laterally like he did at the Senior Bowl. 

Give me your top 3 players, in order for our upcoming pick. 

3 hours ago, taylor made said:

Give me your top 3 players, in order for our upcoming pick.

• Like 1
On 4/2/2021 at 11:33 AM, offbyone said:

Thanks for taking care of business.  I imagine the debate we are having here is actually less complicated than at WFT park with all the chefs in the kitchen there now.  

So Carman, Mayfield and Radunz all gone now. 

We have a lot of needs remaining.  I see the primary ones as protecting that young QB, MLB, FS, OLB.  However, I am not sure we will find much in the way of oline starters by our next pick.

Give me your top 3 players in order for our next pick.

Current Big Board for Round 3:

1) Patrick Jones II - EDGE, Pittsburgh - I know we don't need an EDGE prospect but we most likely are going to lose Kerrigan and we don't have much as a 3rd rusher. I probably won't get any support for him compared to the next couple people on my big board and that is okay with me. Just going with my BPA. I could see him being gone in the next 5 picks.

2) Trey Smith - OL Tennessee - Some might say he wouldn't be a great fit for our ZBS but he just tested very well with elite vertical, broad jump and 40 time with someone at his size. He could also offer Tackle flexibility as well. I could see him being gone in the next 5 picks.

3) Josh Myers - OL Ohio State - He'd have to make the switch to guard and he has center versatility. Good ZBS prospect.

4) Jabril Cox - LB - LSU - He's probably more of a weak side linebacker and I have him slightly above most of the other linebackers still left on the board. I wouldn't mind going LBer LBer with our third round picks either.

5. Hunter Long - TE - Boston College - I know we just took Brevin Jordan but its not like there's much behind him at TE3 and Long would be a nice developmental prospect.

The next is about 4 different linebackers so I think we could get a LB if we wanted to wait until our second 3rd rounder but I do have Jabril Cox ranked higher than the rest.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Give me your top 3 players in order for our upcoming pick.

Lots of Linebaker left I like Cox would my #1
Browning/Werner/Moses/McGone

Safties are Prob 
Jamar Johnson or A'Dariuas Washington

Cb I think Aaron Robinson will be good slot guy

Oline I really like Trey Smith but medical is a concern

My WR Draft Crush is Tutu Atwell,just how effortless it looks when he running that learning from a good route runner like Terry would make him extremely dangerous

Top 3 prob be 
#1 Cox
2.Jamar Johnson
#3 Browning

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, taylor made said:

The next is about 4 different linebackers so I think we could get a LB if we wanted to wait until our second 3rd rounder but I do have Jabril Cox ranked higher than the rest.

Totally agree with this. Given how soon our next 3rd rounder is coming up, I think we could wait on OLB and still get a good player, between Cox, Werner, Browning, and even Chazz Surratt. Subject to change if they come off the board in a run in the next couple picks, but I’m with you on that. 

• Like 1