FFMD21 WFT War Room - Draft Starts 3/29

MKnight82

40 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Trey smith is gone.

And so is Baron Browning. Definitely makes our pick harder.

My Big Board

1) Patrick Jones II - Edge, Pittsburgh - I think we are getting to a point where we are drafting for depth / future needs. So while not a future need and more a 3rd rusher

2) Hunter Long - TE, Boston College - Same with above, its not a huge need

3) Walker Little - OT, Stanford - We haven't drafted a lineman with any of our picks and that's usually not a great strategy. Little is a high ceiling prospect who could eventually be our LT of the future and would be quality depth. I think he could be a good consensus pick

4) Kenneth Gainwell - RB, Memphis - This name might be a surprise but we did well with last year's running back out of Memphis and Bryce Love probably isn't going to amount to much.

5) Quincy Roche - Edge/SAM? , Miami - Similar to Patrick Jones but he could possibly make the transition to 4-3 SAM

6) Cameron McGrone - I know Werner has a lot of fans and I'm cool with him but I just have McGrone ranked higher. I'm not sure he can play MLB in the pros like he did in college though

I'm going to dinner but I'll be back by 840. If you could cast my vote for whoever is highest on my board if you all are between two players.

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Give me your top 3 players in order for our next pick.

Sorry I was out today, but I think we did great with Cox.  Good value and a position of need.

I would look at these guys:

Paris Ford
Aaron Robinson
Tony Fields

sorry just now saw this, great pick with Cox

some notable availanle

for our 2nd pick this round

RBs Michael Carter, Kenneth Gainwell

WR Sage Suratt, Tamorrion Terry

OT James Hudson, Spencer Brown

ILB Cam Mcgrone, Baron Browning

CB Elijah Molden, Kary Vincent

S Caden Sterns, Ar'darius Washington, Hamsah Nasirildeen

I would go for best available of these, the fact that Molden is still there shocks me. 

for me its between Molden, Hudson, and Carter

Edited by LoganF89

15 minutes ago, taylor made said:

4) Kenneth Gainwell - RB, Memphis - This name might be a surprise but we did well with last year's running back out of Memphis and Bryce Love probably isn't going to amount to much.

I love Kenny Gainwell. If the goal is to get more of the same — in order to have depth and a similar replacement available behind Gibson and McKissic — instead of diversifying and getting a big back, that kid is electric. He’s perfect for the core concepts of this offense, that’s for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

I love Kenny Gainwell. If the goal is to get more of the same — in order to have depth and a similar replacement available behind Gibson and McKissic — instead of diversifying and getting a big back, that kid is electric. He’s perfect for the core concepts of this offense, that’s for sure.

Agree on Gainwell, but hard to rationalize 3rd round pick for a 3rd stringer where there are endless solid vets available.  Maybe a move I make next year, but not with Gibson and McKissic healthy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Agree on Gainwell, but hard to rationalize 3rd round pick for a 3rd stringer where there are endless solid vets available.  Maybe a move I make next year, but not with Gibson and McKissic healthy.

I agree. If he was somehow there in the 4th, that would be a different story for me — but we’ve poured a lot into the RB position in the draft over the last few years, and we probably need to invest these higher level assets elsewhere. 

For me, for the record, my top 3 are:

1. Brady Christensen

2. Pete Werner

3. Nico Collins

4. Patrick Jones

* I included 4 in my top 3 because no one else wants Christensen, but I must continue to bang that drum

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

sorry just now saw this, great pick with Cox

some notable availanle

for our 2nd pick this round

RBs Michael Carter, Kenneth Gainwell

WR Sage Suratt, Tamorrion Terry

OT James Hudson, Spencer Brown

ILB Cam Mcgrone, Baron Browning

CB Elijah Molden, Kary Vincent

S Caden Sterns, Ar'darius Washington, Hamsah Nasirildeen

I would go for best available of these, the fact that Molden is still there shocks me. 

for me its between Molden, Hudson, and Carter

Im ok picking up someone here for the secondary.  I think we'd have to go OLine in the 4th if we do that.