FFMD21 WFT War Room - Draft Starts 3/29

MKnight82

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Paris Ford is borderline undraftable. I try not to overreact to workout numbers, but it’s possible that his may have been the worst of all time. He was 2nd percentile or worse in each of the 5 events he did: vertical (1st), broad jump (2nd), 40 yard (1st), 3-cone (1st), short shuttle (2nd). 

You can’t run a 4.90 40 and play DB in the NFL. So unless there’s some reason why those numbers are totally invalidated (temporary amputation?), I just don’t think we can take him here.

Yeah, it's hard to move past the "tape doesn't lie" aspect, but if he was going to pump these numbers out he should have withdrawn from the pro day. It was REALLY bad. 

5 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

this in order from who i want the most

1. Ar'Darius Washington FS TCU- Moehrig got all the love at TCU but Washington is a true FS and has great route recognition and isnt afraid to come up big against the run. he fits a need and could wind up being a starter for us

4. Kary Vincent CB LSU- we need some  more depth at corner and i think he would be a solid pick for us, theres something about LSU corners

These two or Ambry Thomas would be good gets in my book.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Looks like multiple people have mentioned Ardarius Washington do we want him to be the pick?  We’re otc.

According to PFF these are the top players left on the Board
unknown.png

I'd be happy with Ar'Darius little undersized but is very instictive from what I've seen on tape

I think my favorite picks would be CB Shakur Brown from Michigan (immediate nickel option), OT Josh Ball from Marshall (athletic developmental tackle) or DE Chris Rumph from Duke (plug and play situational pass rusher). 

I like Ardarius Washington. I loved him in college, but I’m not sure how 5’8 and less than 180 holds up in the pros. Caden Sterns (Texas) wasn’t quite as impactful a player in college, but he might have the better physical profile to play at the NFL level. Shawn Davis (Florida) would be another option, big time hitter and good athlete, but overall I’m not thrilled with the safety spot here. 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

On offense we don't carry a FB and on defense JFM counts as 2 starters.

Honestly, I don't know why we even bother fielding the other corner positions :)

I just looked at the draft and I am running out of players to suggest.  I think at this point we need to focus on value even if a position group looks crowded.

I like Stewart Reese RG.  I still like Tony Fields LB.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Honestly, I don't know why we even bother fielding the other corner positions :)

I just looked at the draft and I am running out of players to suggest.  I think at this point we need to focus on value even if a position group looks crowded.

I like Stewart Reese RG.  I still like Tony Fields LB.   

it’s going to be hard to come to a consensus with these late picks.  I’m probably just going to let one poster make the pick.  How about you take the 5th round.