FFMD21 WFT War Room - Draft Starts 3/29

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

If we traded Moses or Scherff what would we want for them.

I want a second round pick or equivalent out of Moses.  A 2nd and 3rd would be great.  I really like Moses.  He isn't elite, but the bang for the buck is great.  We could try it next year, but we might not have as much leverage because after this season I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes for extension or holdout.  In reality he is well underpaid especially when you consider we are willing to pay the often injured guard next to him 15M and then 18M a year.  A lot of teams need RTs right now and many would be happy to trade and extend him.  It would be good for both parties.  Maybe send him to the chiefs.

I would take a 2nd/3rd for Scherff.  The only way we keep scherff long term is if we pay him some insane salary next year.  With the cap going back up it is going to be insane.  If we couldn't get it done this year, then we need to get something for him.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I want a second round pick or equivalent out of Moses.  A 2nd and 3rd would be great.  I really like Moses.  He isn't elite, but the bang for the buck is great.  We could try it next year, but we might not have as much leverage because after this season I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes for extension or holdout.  In reality he is well underpaid especially when you consider we are willing to pay the often injured guard next to him 15M and then 18M a year.  A lot of teams need RTs right now and many would be happy to trade and extend him.  It would be good for both parties.  Maybe send him to the chiefs.

I would take a 2nd/3rd for Scherff.  The only way we keep scherff long term is if we pay him some insane salary next year.  With the cap going back up it is going to be insane.  If we couldn't get it done this year, then we need to get something for him.

Completely agree here. If I'm moving them, it needs to be for 2nds and 3rds

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Dolphins have contacted me about wanting Scherff or Moses.

Could see if we could flip Scherrf for Flowers and a 3rd.

i would also put out feelers on Scherrf for Orlando Brown. If we could get that deal then we could move Moses to the dolphins and start Lucas at RT while drafting a new guard or move Moses for Flowers and our line would be set

Are we able to pick up remaining FAs? Or just trades and the draft? If the former, I'd look at signing an offensive lineman or two. There are some solid players there. Especially if you trade Scherff. 

8 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Are we able to pick up remaining FAs? Or just trades and the draft? If the former, I'd look at signing an offensive lineman or two. There are some solid players there. Especially if you trade Scherff. 

No FAs. Just trades/draft

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

@MKnight82 any updates

Ya sorry been on the road last few days.

We’ve had several people inquire about Scherff, I’ve told them all we want a 2nd round pick for him. Nothing solid yet but if we want to trade him I think we can find a deal for him.

Several teams inquired about Morgan Moses too but I don’t really think we can get back enough to replace him so I’ve rebuked most discussions there.

I talked to the Bucs about OJ Howard, they want a late 3rd or early 4th for him. 

The Jets want a 2nd round pick for Darnold, I think that’s too high.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya sorry been on the road last few days.

We’ve had several people inquire about Scherff, I’ve told them all we want a 2nd round pick for him. Nothing solid yet but if we want to trade him I think we can find a deal for him.

Several teams inquired about Morgan Moses too but I don’t really think we can get back enough to replace him so I’ve rebuked most discussions there.

I talked to the Bucs about OJ Howard, they want a late 3rd or early 4th for him. 

The Jets want a 2nd round pick for Darnold, I think that’s too high.

10 4, I saw that the browns are interested in either trading back or trading up in the draft on the home page and that they had Njoku and Mack on the block, didn’t know if they may want to move up to 19 and give up Njoku in the move

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

10 4, I saw that the browns are interested in either trading back or trading up in the draft on the home page and that they had Njoku and Mack on the block, didn’t know if they may want to move up to 19 and give up Njoku in the move

They’d have to give up more than Njoku if they want us to move down from 19 IMO.  If you want to reach out to their GM and discuss then let me know what they’re thinking go ahead.

@LoganF89 @MikeT14 @Woz @Thaiphoon @naptownskinsfan @Skinsin2013 @offbyone @taylor made @ARTMONK HOF @ovfd55 @Slappy Mc @ripsean21 

We have an interesting trade offer from the Atlanta Falcons.

They have offered us the #4 overall pick for Guard Brandon Scherff, the #19 overall pick, and a conditional future 7th round pick.  The conditions are that Scherff signs a long term contract with the Falcons, if he does, it stays a 7th (next year). If he leaves in free agency they are compensated by it increasing to a 3rd round pick next year. 

So in summary:

WFT Receives

#4 overall pick

Falcons Receive

#19 overall pick

RG Brandon Scherff

Conditional future 7th (possibly a 3rd)

Thoughts?

Obviously we'd have to consider whether we have a suitable replacement on the current roster for Scherff or whether we will need to draft someone.  Other consideration is obviously who we could land at #4.  Or possibly we could consider picking up more picks by auctioning off pick #4. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

@LoganF89 @MikeT14 @Woz @Thaiphoon @naptownskinsfan @Skinsin2013 @offbyone @taylor made @ARTMONK HOF @ovfd55 @Slappy Mc @ripsean21 

They have offered us the #4 overall pick for Guard Brandon Scherff, the #19 overall pick, and a conditional future 7th round pick.  The conditions are that Scherff signs a long term contract with the Falcons, if he does, it stays a 7th (next year). If he leaves in free agency they are compensated by it increasing to a 3rd round pick next year. 

So in summary:

WFT Receives

#4 overall pick

Falcons Receive

#19 overall pick

RG Brandon Scherff

Thoughts?

Obviously we'd have to consider whether we have a suitable replacement on the current roster for Scherff or whether we will need to draft someone.  Other consideration is obviously who we could land at #4.  Or possibly we could consider picking up more picks by auctioning off pick #4. 

I'd do it in a heartbeat feel like that way too good to pass up on

I guess on the assumption that the first 3 picks are Lawrence/Wilson/Jones

Staying at pick 4, Possible Choices:

Trey Lance/Justin Fields/Kyle Pitts/Jamarr Chase/Sewell if we want one of these players. 

If we want to move off the pick, Carolina was looking to move up possibly for Lance or Fields.

Possible Replacements for Scherff. 
S. Charles/T Larsen/W Martin

Unless S.Charles can come back and play guard we probably would need to draft a OG to replace Scherff  

I would make the trade and pick Sewell with the pick because for me he is a generational talent  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

So in summary:

WFT Receives

#4 overall pick

Falcons Receive

#19 overall pick

RG Brandon Scherff

Thoughts?

I take that trade in a heartbeat! If it was real life I would be salivating over it