FFMD21 WFT War Room - Draft Starts 3/29

MKnight82

4 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Hard pass for me. Scherff is viewed by his peers as a Pro Bowl Caliber player. No way I trade him in a "move-up scenario". You create another hole for a team with plenty of needs. I want nothing to do with a QB in round one. That leaves Sewell, Parsons, Pitts... who else even remotely considered for that spot?

I'd stay at 19 and draft BPA.

*edit*

Nevermind trades already official. I would honestly take Sewell, Pitts, Parsons in that order. I also listen to any offer from teams with pick 5 and 6.

The issue is that Scherff is on his 2nd franchise tag and could walk next year for nothing. We replaced him with Ereck Flowers in another move.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Guys we need to discuss what the plan for 4 is.  Do we want to take a QB?  Do we want someone else? Or do you want me to listen to trade down options?

I just know this. I do not want Justin Fields. Trey Lance sure.

My preference, however, would be to listen to trade back offers.

Edited by Skinsin2013

47 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Guys we need to discuss what the plan for 4 is.  Do we want to take a QB?  Do we want someone else? Or do you want me to listen to trade down options?

I think if Lance is there then we should take him.

see what teams are interested in 4, would like to stay in top 10. In a trade back we could still land Parsons, Pitts, or a top wide out of we want to go that way 

if no trades look good and Lance isn’t there then we take Sewell 

Pitts at 4 is a tough call, I think he’s the best skill player in the draft but then we are dealing with still having some holes but I still wouldn’t be disappointed 

14 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I think if Lance is there then we should take him.

see what teams are interested in 4, would like to stay in top 10. In a trade back we could still land Parsons, Pitts, or a top wide out of we want to go that way 

if no trades look good and Lance isn’t there then we take Sewell 

Pitts at 4 is a tough call, I think he’s the best skill player in the draft but then we are dealing with still having some holes but I still wouldn’t be disappointed 

The Jets have offered us Sam Darnold for a 3rd round pick.  Not saying we do that but I’m just throwing it out there.

29 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I just know this. I do not want Justin Fields. Trey Lance sure.

My preference, however, would be to listen to trade back offers.

I ran some PFN mocks using ATL as my home team. Trade scenarios offered at 4:

Pick 4 and Pick 68 for Pick 5 Pick 38 - I'd take that.

Pick 4 for Pick 20, Pick 52, 2022 CHI 1st - You know me, I'd take that too. But I know most would not.

Pick 4 for Pick 19, 2022 WAS 1st, 2022 WAS 2nd - Least preferred scenario.

Took the italicized trade above and... then offered...

Pick 5 for Pick 7 and Pick 41

Pick 5 and Pick 108 for Pick 19, Pick 51, and 2022 WAS 1st

Took the italicized trade above and... drafted!

7 - Kyle Pitts (Parsons was available too)

35 - Alijah Vera-Tucker (Guard)

38 - Eric Stokes (CB)

41 - Alex Leatherwood (OT)

Couple things: 1) Yes, I'm bored; 2) mock simulators aren't exactly realistic; 3) this was for fun; 4) shows how you can turn one pick into multiple possible starters, including an absolute game changer.

Could have, should have snuck in a LB with one of those offensive line picks. But building up the offensive line, with Fitz at QB, is probably a pretty good idea too. 

Edited by Skinsin2013

9 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I ran some PFN mocks using ATL as my home team. Trade scenarios offered at 4:

Pick 4 and Pick 68 for Pick 5 Pick 38 - I'd take that.

Pick 4 for Pick 20, Pick 52, 2022 CHI 1st - You know me, I'd take that too. But I know most would not.

Pick 4 for Pick 19, 2022 WAS 1st, 2022 WAS 2nd - Least preferred scenario.

Took the italicized trade above and... then offered...

Pick 5 for Pick 7 and Pick 41

Pick 5 and Pick 108 for Pick 19, Pick 51, and 2022 WAS 1st

Took the italicized trade above and... drafted!

7 - Kyle Pitts (Parsons was available too)

35 - Alijah Vera-Tucker (Guard)

38 - Eric Stokes (CB)

41 - Alex Leatherwood (OT)

Couple things: 1) Yes, I'm bored; 2) mock simulators aren't exactly realistic; 3) this was for fun; 4) shows how you can turn one pick into multiple possible starters, including an absolute game changer.

Could have, should have snuck in a LB with one of those offensive line picks. But building up the offensive line, with Fitz at QB, is probably a pretty good idea too. 

The thing about trades is that someone on the other side has to agree to it.

I think everyone is gonna have their favorite QB prospect. Most likely Zach Wilson will be gone at #2 if not #3. Then it's kind of up in the air who the 49ers will take but most likely it will be another QB. It will be hard to predict exactly who that QB will be. So we'll be left with a selection of leftover QBs. That's not a bad thing. Here's how I would have them ranked:

1) Trey Lance - The fit is obvious, he has potential as a true dual threat

2) Mac Jones - He's a tough evaluation and I think he's getting knocked for being an Alabama QB but he was the best QB in CFB this year and that is hard to ignore.

3) Micah Parsons - I think Micah Parsons is the safe pick here and the pick if you want to go defense. Our defense could go from great to elite with this selection

4) Justin Fields - I'm not a huge Justin Fields guy but I know he'll have some fans on here. He's my 5th rated QB so I don't think you take him unless its in a trade down.

I don't think in ANY situation I would take Kyle Pitts at #4. There is no way he would live up to the value of that high selection. I'm not even thinking about WR at #4. Penei might gain some traction, but I personally don't have him ranked in the top 5. Trey Lance to me seems kind of the obvious pick if he is there. But that could be a big if.

• Like 1

So the Jets are shopping Darnold, that  means they will likely go QB at 2.  After his strong pro day I expect that to be Zach Wilson.  I’m like 90% sure the Jets will take Wilson.

The 49ers are at 3.  They have a poll up in there forum Fields vs lance and Fields is winning that poll.  That doesn’t mean they will take Fields but that would be my guess right now.

Personally I don’t think Mac Jones is worth a top 10 pick, again that’s just my opinion.  But that would leave us with debating between Lance, Sewell, Pitts, Chase, Smith or I guess Parsons.  Parsons feels like a reach here though.

6 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I think everyone is gonna have their favorite QB prospect. Most likely Zach Wilson will be gone at #2 if not #3. Then it's kind of up in the air who the 49ers will take but most likely it will be another QB. It will be hard to predict exactly who that QB will be. So we'll be left with a selection of leftover QBs. That's not a bad thing. Here's how I would have them ranked:

1) Trey Lance - The fit is obvious, he has potential as a true dual threat

2) Mac Jones - He's a tough evaluation and I think he's getting knocked for being an Alabama QB but he was the best QB in CFB this year and that is hard to ignore.

3) Micah Parsons - I think Micah Parsons is the safe pick here and the pick if you want to go defense. Our defense could go from great to elite with this selection

4) Justin Fields - I'm not a huge Justin Fields guy but I know he'll have some fans on here. He's my 5th rated QB so I don't think you take him unless its in a trade down.

I don't think in ANY situation I would take Kyle Pitts at #4. There is no way he would live up to the value of that high selection. I'm not even thinking about WR at #4. Penei might gain some traction, but I personally don't have him ranked in the top 5. Trey Lance to me seems kind of the obvious pick if he is there. But that could be a big if.

I’m curious why you’re not considering a WR?

31 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m curious why you’re not considering a WR?

WR's have a lot of boom/bust chance with not as much upside as other positions. Whereas a position like QB still has a decent amount of boom/bust but the player has the chance to be a player with a lot of value. Now a position like LB/IOL is so attractive because they have the least amount of boom/bust and offer a lot of value too. This is according to my analytics so take it with a large grain of salt 🤓

Edited by taylor made

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

So the Jets are shopping Darnold, that  means they will likely go QB at 2.  After his strong pro day I expect that to be Zach Wilson.  I’m like 90% sure the Jets will take Wilson.

The 49ers are at 3.  They have a poll up in there forum Fields vs lance and Fields is winning that poll.  That doesn’t mean they will take Fields but that would be my guess right now.

Personally I don’t think Mac Jones is worth a top 10 pick, again that’s just my opinion.  But that would leave us with debating between Lance, Sewell, Pitts, Chase, Smith or I guess Parsons.  Parsons feels like a reach here though.

I'd listen to offers for 4 hopefully from teams like Panthers at 8 or Broncos at 9,might even get a extra 3rd in a deal and get Darnold with that

If we Stick at 4 QB Sewell Pitts or Chase would be the 4 I'd consider think 4 is to high for a LBer,it to high for a TE too but Pitts is #1 player  for me in draft as a offensive weapon

I'm pretty equal on Chase and Smith at WR but think Chase brings more to the table that we currently don't have on offense compared to Smith being more like Terry and Curtis

• Like 1