FFMD 2021 - Dolphins Team Room.

mountainpd

#3 overall has so much value especially now that Watson is going through legal issues. It’s one less QB possibly avail. I would love to see if Carolina or SF is willing to trade 2021 1st, 2nd and 2022 1st as a return.

I would obviously love one of the Big 4 (D. Smith, Waddle, Chase or Pitts but if we can play the board right and turn the #3 overall into 3 more high picks essentially we should. 

I would love a scenario in which we trade back with Carolina or Detroit and get a 2022 first along with their 2020 second and then trade back again with maybe SF, NE, LV or NO and get another 2nd this year as well as a 2022 1st. 

Getting two guys in the late teens/early 20s brings one of the stud RBs and either a stud LB or Edge guy.

Hopefully Creed Humphrey falls in our lab in early second. 

Just my two cents....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mountainpd said:

It would be nice to get something in 5th or 6th round we do not have anything. Maybe able to move up from 7th. Also a couple of extra picks may allow us to be more aggressive moving up from some of our other picks if needed.

We should covet picks more in this draft than any draft in the last 20 years.  Reason being is that more picks gives us more chances to hit on prospects in a draft that had No Combine in which to observe measurables and performance in one central location.  I do not believe Combine performance to be an "end all to be all", but I do believe Combine performance to be an indicator of a prospect's performance under stress as well as an indicator of ability to overcome adversity.

More picks = More chances to Hit

• Like 2

I’ve taken the liberty of nicknaming the prospects so we can talk freely about who we like and will need to prepare a big board for 3rd pick should be not be able to trade down.

hopefully we get a few more aboard the train and then I will share.

I’m still waiting for this to kick off properly and then will soon find out if we have much interest for teams trading up.

Possible trade partners

4) Falcons - unlikely unless they are going QB and the one they like drop.

5) Bengals - unlikely unless Sewell drops to 3 and they may be interested.

6) Eagles - not happening, I had hoped they may wish to trade up for Chase but they are looking to trade down as well.

7) Lions - will enquire, they should be leading candidate due to need at QB.

😎Panthers - Will enquire , bcb1213 is running them, think he is a Jets fan so may help or hinder, He is not afraid to make a move so fingers crossed.

9) Broncos - will enquire, should be a leading candidate due to need at QB.

Giants and 49ers are at 11 and 12 and both need a qb but not sure they have enough capital to trade up or we want to drop down that far.

• Like 1

Two players I may be interesting in trading for would be Orlando Brown from Ravens and Darnell Hunter from Vikings.

I would imagine both teams want too much in compensation but wanted to gage interest before I kick the tyres on them.

Ravens need a receiver badly so may be able to offer them one of ours and a pick or a pick swap? Not even sure if they are available but based on real life gossip they may be similar to us and Howard.

3 hours ago, mountainpd said:

Jets and Falcons are trying to move down from 2 & 4 respectively which is a pain.

it probably means that a pre draft trade is unlikely.

I wouldn't be too afraid of trading down with the 49ers or Giants.  Both are in a good spot to plunder top 10 talent that will fall due to teams drafting for needs.  Those spots are great spots to land a talented OT, and I believe one or more of Waddle, Smith, Chase, or Parsons will be available.  Additionally, I wouldn't be afraid to offer up Howard ( cap saving move ) and draft his replacement in round 1.

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

I wouldn't be too afraid of trading down with the 49ers or Giants.  Both are in a good spot to plunder top 10 talent that will fall due to teams drafting for needs.  Those spots are great spots to land a talented OT, and I believe one or more of Waddle, Smith, Chase, or Parsons will be available.  Additionally, I wouldn't be afraid to offer up Howard ( cap saving move ) and draft his replacement in round 1.

I still think Jets will take a qb too if they do not move out. 

8 hours ago, mountainpd said:

Jets and Falcons are trying to move down from 2 & 4 respectively which is a pain.

it probably means that a pre draft trade is unlikely.

Has any team reached out to you already about trading up? I know with these mocks people rarely want to trade up and everyone wants to trade down lol. Ideally we would trade down but getting first dibs on any player who isn’t a QB is not  bad.

1 minute ago, Emerica said:

Has any team reached out to you already about trading up? I know with these mocks people rarely want to trade up and everyone wants to trade down lol. Ideally we would trade down but getting first dibs on any player who isn’t a QB is not  bad.

No one yet but a lot of war rooms are not set up yet. I think it will prove difficult as like you say most people value draft picks too high in these things.

I have asked the question of Broncos, Panthers, Chargers so far. Will contact the Bengals (probably want Sewell) when their war room is open.

We are in a good spot and need to be ready with both who we will take should we stay in situ but also ready for a on the clock trade as may not have too much time to vote/negotiate.

I think we are most likely going to get offers if the Jets take a QB on both Sewell and QB. I think teams will want to get ahead of Atlanta and Bengals for those players, 

Still a week until draft so plenty of time to get a deal done. Happy for you guys to make contact if you see someone looking to move up.

The other advantage we have potentially is that we are not looking for 17 future picks or anything silly so knowing we will accept a future pick but not demand hundreds will help.

I can see some love for Trey Lance which may get us a deal.

4 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I’m happy to listen to offers on Howard but need to be more than a 1st IMO.

a few team need corner so maybe. 

everything will be voted on so no harm in seeing what the market is,

Had an enquiry on Preston Williams.

what value do you guys have on him?

Also been asked if we have interest in Wyatt Teller. He was good last year but not so much prior. I have asked for valuation so we will see where it goes but I would rather pick up a right tackle and slide Hunt inside to Guard. 

Also depends what we do at 3.

Where you guys at?

want to know how we as a collective see value on Howard?

I would be looking for something Similar to Ramsey offer but a high pick maybe the same. Trading just for a first means we are drafting straight his replacement. I would consider a 1st and a 3rd if the picks were decent. If its bottom of the rounds it would be a lot more. If it’s future picks I think the team is important based on their likely slot next year.

we have had two enquiries so far but playoffs teams so hopefully someone with higher pick comes forward. I need to understand thoughts and whether to send them packing or open up negotiations.

16 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Where you guys at?

want to know how we as a collective see value on Howard?

I would be looking for something Similar to Ramsey offer but a high pick maybe the same. Trading just for a first means we are drafting straight his replacement. I would consider a 1st and a 3rd if the picks were decent. If its bottom of the rounds it would be a lot more. If it’s future picks I think the team is important based on their likely slot next year.

we have had two enquiries so far but playoffs teams so hopefully someone with higher pick comes forward. I need to understand thoughts and whether to send them packing or open up negotiations.

Id value Howard about the same as Ramsey, his contract would be more friendly to a team trading for him. Take into account I don't want to get rid of him I would think no less than 2 firsts. 

• Like 1