FFMD 2021 - Dolphins Team Room.

mountainpd

2 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Also had some dialogue with Ravens about Orlando Brown. I think they want to much for him and I certainly wouldn’t give first round value on him when we could just draft a rookie and have that rookie contract but what are your thoughts?

I am hoping they will do a deal for a lesser pick if we give them a receiver.

obviously need some more big boards in as if we take a tackle then we wouldn’t take Brown as well.

Scrap that idea they are firm on first round value so will give that a miss.

20 hours ago, mountainpd said:

Scrap that idea they are firm on first round value so will give that a miss.

So unrealistic of them.  It's a great OT draft, so I don't see anyone giving up a first round pick for a player they will not get 4 years of rookie wage scale and a 5th year option on.

5 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

So unrealistic of them.  It's a great OT draft, so I don't see anyone giving up a first round pick for a player they will not get 4 years of rookie wage scale and a 5th year option on.

Yeah this,

I would take him for 2nd round value, but does depend on who we pick in draft. Pick 26 to 18 is second round value. Something to keep an eye for in draft trade.

I am going to try and see what sort of deals are on the table to trade both up and down from 18 as pick 3 is not getting much love so we have flexibility in draft.

So gents I know it means on missing out this year but IMO in makes sense to replicate the trades made in real life.

are you happy for me to agree to the three way trade?

we knew the trade down would likely benefit from a future 1st so not much has changed except moving down this year from 4th to 5th and extra pick in 3rd.

you never know someone may give us a 4th back in a trade for one of our players out of sympathy? I will shop Williams and co.

Edited by mountainpd

2 hours ago, mountainpd said:

So gents I know it means on missing out this year but IMO in makes sense to replicate the trades made in real life.

are you happy for me to agree to the three way trade?

we knew the trade down would likely benefit from a future 1st so not much has changed except moving down this year from 4th to 5th and extra pick in 3rd.

you never know someone may give us a 4th back in a trade for one of our players out of sympathy? I will shop Williams and co.

Anyone?

13 hours ago, mountainpd said:

We don’t have to as rosters locked in by don’t see why we wouldn’t as no transactions have been made and we may as well play it out.

I will go ahead and make the trade unless anyone objects.

I have accepted the irl trade.

On 3/22/2021 at 11:40 AM, Swampbilly said:

I wouldn't be too afraid of trading down with the 49ers or Giants.  Both are in a good spot to plunder top 10 talent that will fall due to teams drafting for needs.  Those spots are great spots to land a talented OT, and I believe one or more of Waddle, Smith, Chase, or Parsons will be available.  Additionally, I wouldn't be afraid to offer up Howard ( cap saving move ) and draft his replacement in round 1.

I’ve agreed to trade Howard as well. Anyone object?

1 hour ago, mountainpd said:

I’ve agreed to trade Howard as well. Anyone object?

Ok I am going to go ahead and agree the deal.

I also have a couple of offers on Ereck Flowers. I am trying to get a 4th rounder for him but highest I have been offered is a mid 5th or player swap.

I know it appears I am speaking to myself at this point but two trades I mentioned previously have been agreed.

Trade 1

Dolphins trade - Ereck Flowers

WFT trade - Tim Settle and pick 186.

Trade 2

Dolphins trade - Xavien Howard

Cardinals trade - pick 16 and 2022 1st round pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mountainpd said:

I know it appears I am speaking to myself at this point but two trades I mentioned previously have been agreed.

Trade 1

Dolphins trade - Ereck Flowers

WFT trade - Tim Settle and pick 186.

Trade 2

Dolphins trade - Xavien Howard

Cardinals trade - pick 16 and 2022 1st round pick.

I’ll respond. That all looks fine to me.