FFMD - Patriots War Room - OTC 4/7 9:20 EST

Welcome to the 2021 FFMD Mock Draft!

e1e8fdcc-de53-46fc-8fed-05a90586172d-lar

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FFMD Draft Thread

FFMD Patriots Depth Chart

FFMD Discussion Thread

FFMD Trade Thread

This is your chance to provide input into a forum wide mock draft. 

The FFMD draft starts on March 29th. It is important to be active in the War Room. 

GM: Ghostnote

AGM: Deadpulse

HC:

Offense

Defense:

If you are interested in getting involved please mention myself or Deadpulse in order to be added to the team. We need multiple offense guys who can discuss offensive players of interest for the Patriots. The same goes for the defense. 

The biggest thing to be aware of, this is collective collaboration, yet, either myself or @Deadpulsehave the final call on trades, and drafting players. We want the forum to be included and we ask you to be involved. Every draft pick will be voted on within the forum and will be posted by either GM or AGM. The same will go for trades of draft picks. 

Draft Picks:

11 - Mac Jones - QB - Alabama 

46 - Amon-Ra St. Brown - WR - USC

121 - Jamien Sherwood - S - Auburn 

159 - 

189 - 

198 - 

244 - 

Edited by Ghostnote
  • Like 1
  • Deadpulse pinned and featured this topic

@m haynes @Crimmage @ToonPatriot @JohnCena @1ForTheThumb @ChazStandard @LaFellSBXLIXMVP @jofos @Starless @Hunter2_1 @SBLIII @PatriotsWin! @CP3MVP @Yin-Yang @dhunt2402 @Uncle Buck @LD696 @biggie. @scottishpatriot @Troy Brown @The Third Rider @IheartMyV8 @Dan33185 @Asciimo @mission27 @goldfishwars @Vachon777 @Pats#1 @lancerman @Iron_man @y*so*blu @SirA1 @Nex_Gen

Hey gang, lets make sure we help out Ghostnote here. We've had some really solid discussion on first round QBs so lets be sure to put some of that in here for him to consider. I also highly recommend becoming an official staff member but it is not required to offer your 2 cents!

42 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The Falcons put #4 on the table. @m haynes, thoughts on a potential trade up for QB?

I know most of the forum would agree that Gilmore is a trade asset for the right move, right @DoleINGout?

Short answer 15 and 2022 1st with any sweetener needed like some 4/5th. Only if Jones is the target an BB knows he has no choice to get his man.   Also I don't see other trading up that high for Jones. More likely Fields or Lance. BB just sits back and watch the fools go crazy!!!!

Have nothing yet. Need to here more, what teams and what player they are moving up for.

In general I would trade the ( within reason)  farm if they have a (Jones) guy in mind.   Also is this official or from a Sports writer ? Another is what other picks might be available. BB could be on the phone with other teams like the Detroit.

My choice is Jones, but I have no clue what teams would be involved. EX What if several teams are in play and they all want Jones. Sell the Farm !!!

Lance and Fields let the other fools waste their picks. Still target Jones.  If Fields is there at 15 (Jones drafted earlier) I would trade him to other fools, move down with Mond as my target.

IMO there is no difference between Fields and Mond. Matter of fact Mond has shown more NFL passing skills than Fields.

5 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Also is this official or from a Sports writer ?

This is for FFMD mock. The poster running the Falcons put #4 on the block 

Honestly, you should be our QB scout if you'd be open to it. 

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This is for FFMD mock. The poster running the Falcons put #4 on the block 

Honestly, you should be our QB scout if you'd be open to it. 

Thanks but sorry I have to pass.  I will not be on the board (frequently) much longer. My summer (place) starts April 1st.

4 is kind of a dead spot to me, if we're looking QB. Lawrence and Wilson definitely gone, and unless you value one of Fields, Lance, or Jones way more than the rest IDK. All depends on the price.

On 3/22/2021 at 9:41 AM, Deadpulse said:

The Falcons put #4 on the table. @m haynes, thoughts on a potential trade up for QB?

I know most of the forum would agree that Gilmore is a trade asset for the right move, right @DoleINGout?

I was thinking the same thing, but which QB outside of Lawrence is considerable. We could potentially trade up for Mac Jones, but i don't really trust Alabama QB's. Convince me otherwise I guess. 

I am not sold on Zach Wilson and I think him being a top 5 QB might be a bit of overhype for the position. it is possible we could go after a Sam Darnold, but I don't know how trading in the division is felt. When I do this for WFT, I never trade within the division. EVER. 

Moving up to 4 would not take much, but would have to see what Atlanta would request. 

1 hour ago, Ghostnote said:

I was thinking the same thing, but which QB outside of Lawrence is considerable. We could potentially trade up for Mac Jones, but i don't really trust Alabama QB's. Convince me otherwise I guess. 

I am not sold on Zach Wilson and I think him being a top 5 QB might be a bit of overhype for the position. it is possible we could go after a Sam Darnold, but I don't know how trading in the division is felt. When I do this for WFT, I never trade within the division. EVER. 

Moving up to 4 would not take much, but would have to see what Atlanta would request. 

9 on the block as well. Might be a better pick to slide into if Jones is the target.

@Crimmage, what are your thoughts on a trade up for QB with 4 and 9 both announced as available? 

If Jones is your target, 100% go for 9 pick. The cost should be dramatically less and you leap over SF/ multiple other teams who could be trying to trade in front of 15 to grab him. He could certainly be there at 15, but given the number of draft picks you've got I don't think it's a bad idea to guarantee getting him. 

With regards to 4, I think you only trade there if you are sold on Fields. I would say he is the consensus #3, so if you really think he is going to be dramatically better than Jones you make that move. For me personally, the cost to trade up is going to be a major factor. If a bidding war happens I'm not willing to give up a huge number of picks to gamble on Fields.. but if the cost is reasonable I'm all for it. I like the connection between Cam / Fields.. I like his athleticism and if he has a strong work ethic unlike Haskins he could be a top 10 guy. I have concerns about him processing defenses and going through multiple reads but if he is willing to put in the work I'm sure he can do it. Cam appears to be a really hard worker and has mentored him for years.. so I would hope that the trait has passed down to Fields. 

Hard to really trust giving up the world for an Alabama or Ohio State QB.. but you've just got to go with your gut

The offers I'd be willing to make would be: 

• 15, 46, and a future 1st for 4 and take Fields
  • 15, 97, and 121 for 9 and take Jones ( and take a speedy WR like Moore in the 2nd to further help him on offense) 
  • Like 1

Doesn't look like there is a lot of interest in 4 overall, we might get it on a bargain. The question is, do we like Fields?

I am luke warm on him myself, but I am lukewarm on every QB prospect not named Sunshine this year. 

20 hours ago, Crimmage said:

15, 46, and a future 1st for 4 and take Fields

I think I'd throw Gilmore in there if need be. 

21 hours ago, Deadpulse said:
On 3/23/2021 at 5:05 PM, Crimmage said:

15, 46, and a future 1st for 4 and take Fields

I think I'd throw Gilmore in there if need be. 

This was just proposed in SF's war room for 4 overall

Thinking 1 & 2 and a 5 this year and a 1 next year.

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This was just proposed in SF's war room for 4 overall

15, 46, 123, future 1st and Gilmore would be my absolute max .. and that's if you absolutely love Fields

• Ghostnote changed the title to FFMD - Patriots War Room - OTC 4/7 9:20 EST
  • Deadpulse unpinned and unfeatured this topic