FFMD - Patriots War Room - OTC 4/7 9:20 EST

Ghostnote

24 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

we could probably keep Gilmore and still top SF

@Ghostnote, what are your thoughts? You think Fields is worth it?

I don't think that Fields fits the Belicheck mold of a QB. I think Wilson or Jones would be the ideal QB outside of the already traded Carson Wentz. 

9 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

I don't think that Fields fits the Belicheck mold of a QB.

I think Cam proves this doesn't exist, but you are the boss! I am honestly not sold on Fields or Mac in general, but also realize it would be foolish to come out of this draft without an early round QB

1 minute ago, Ghostnote said:

I don't think that Fields fits the Belicheck mold of a QB. I think Wilson or Jones would be the ideal QB outside of the already traded Carson Wentz. 

To quote my ownself, I don't think much of Fields, or any Ohio State QB's for that matter. While Alabama has a slew of back up QB in the NFL, none have done well as a starting QB. 

IMHO, I think the only sure thing in this draft is Lawrence and I don't think any one of the 2nd tier QB's behind him are relevant of being a first round pick. 

I feel as though the many of these QB's are overhyped to provide some level of competition. Nothing truly stands out about Wilson, Fields, or Lance that convince me one of them is as significant as a first round prospect. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I think Cam proves this doesn't exist, but you are the boss! I am honestly not sold on Fields or Mac in general, but also realize it would be foolish to come out of this draft without an early round QB

I merely advocate the decision from the gallery. I think that Belichek knew he didn't have much to rely on with Stidham as the starter, and Cam was probably the best on the market. I am also not sure on how much effort Bill put into a potential acquisition of Wentz, Stafford or Goff. 

I'm a little late to the party but I would go after Jones. with 15 and 2022 1st picks as the bases of a trade. I would do every thing in my power to not give up the 2021 46th pick.  All added draft choices would be in 2022.

In regards to all others QBs other Lawrence and Wilson I would not trade up unless you can make a trade that doesn't cost you 2022 1st RD pick. IMO Kellon Mond is a much better value than Field and Lance. They are all the same type of QBs. You keep all of your assets and you can move down at 15 if the player you need is not there.such as Horn.

The best scenario in 2021 draft (1st and 2nd) would be to come out of this draft (if Jones is gone) withe LB Zaven Collins, Kellon Mond and a 2nd RD CB.

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I'm a little late to the party but I would go after Jones. with 15 and 2022 1st picks as the bases of a trade. I would do every thing in my power to not give up the 2021 46th pick.  All added draft choices would be in 2022.

In regards to all others QBs other Lawrence and Wilson I would not trade up unless you can make a trade that doesn't cost you 2022 1st RD pick. IMO Kellon Mond is a much better value than Field and Lance. They are all the same type of QBs. You keep all of your assets and you can move down at 15 if the player you need is not there.such as Horn.

The best scenario in 2021 draft (1st and 2nd) would be to come out of this draft (if Jones is gone) withe LB Zaven Collins, Kellon Mond and a 2nd RD CB.

I think it would serve us well to see how the top of the draft plays out. The SF/PHI/MIA deal in reality has been replicated in FFMD so the landscape is the same. 

• Like 1

So, Carolina has traded out of 8 to the Texans, which the Texans acquired Bridgewater, but lost Watson. 

Is there a notion to move up for Jones or sit still and see what happens? The top 4 are gone? 

Is there anyone that could be a move up for? @Deadpulse

Edited by Ghostnote

6 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

So, Carolina has traded out of 8 to the Texans, which the Texans acquired Bridgewater, but lost Watson. 

Is there a notion to move up for Jones or sit still and see what happens? The top 4 are gone? 

Just a random gun for hire that is randomly posting stuff for various teams, but I would look to move up on the cheap for Jones. Assuming the Texans don’t take him at 8, he’s definitely not going 9 to KC. Dallas won’t take him at 10 but has been looking to move down. I would start offering Dallas and the Giants 15 and 123 for their pick if he’s still there and see what happens. You might get a bite. Push comes to shove you can make it 97 instead but I think that’s the max and you get value plus your guy. 

35 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

I was talking to the Giants about a trade up but their initial asking price was 15 and 44 so I didnt respond beyond the incredulous whaaaaa?

31 minutes ago, winitall said:

Just a random gun for hire that is randomly posting stuff for various teams, but I would look to move up on the cheap for Jones. Assuming the Texans don’t take him at 8, he’s definitely not going 9 to KC. Dallas won’t take him at 10 but has been looking to move down. I would start offering Dallas and the Giants 15 and 123 for their pick if he’s still there and see what happens. You might get a bite. Push comes to shove you can make it 97 instead but I think that’s the max and you get value plus your guy. 

its really true that folks around the 10 - 15 range think they are going to get a 2nd round ouit of it. Just have to wait for Houston to pick and see where we end up.