FFMD 21 BENGALS WAR ROOM- OTC 4/9 @ 4:40

Johnny Nix

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm a Chase over Sewell guy.  I think the dropoff to the next tier of WR at 38 is greater than at OT/OG

That works, as long as another one makes it to us at 39.  Starting OTs is a league wide problem, and doesn't it seem that they run out right before our second round picks when we are really looking for one?

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

That works, as long as another one makes it to us at 39.  Starting OTs is a league wide problem, and doesn't it seem that they run out right before our second round picks when we are really looking for one?

Yeah that’s my worry too. Gonna be bare bones, I think 8 OL go between now and our next pick 

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

With Reiff we don't have to force a T pick this year, and i'm comfortable with Jonah long term at LT.  I think one of a G or T will be there at 38.  It would take a historic run for there not to be.  If we end up with a G this year, then T becomes a round 1 need next year unless we bring Reiff back.  I think Chase is a special enough talent to take the risk.

Sewell
Slater
Darrisaw
Cosmi
Mayfield
Jenkins
Leatherwood
Eichenberg
Vera-Tucker
Davis

That's 10 OL I'm comfortable with at 38, and it'd be 11 if Trey Smith didn't have the blood clot issues.  Again, I think Chase is a AJ Green level of special.

Gratned that this actually means nothing, but i'm running a PFN mock simulator right now and at 38 I have Mayfield, Jenkins, Leatherwood, and Eichenberg all available.  Granted i'm higher on Eichenberg than most, but I think he's a decent to good 10+ year NFL starter.  One of the highest floors in the draft, even if he doesn't have the highest ceiling.