FFMD 2021 mock - draft complete. Judge? - UFA starts at 10am

Cbrunn

I am more on the Talanoa Hufanga bandwagon than Washington.  I just don't think Washington fits what we do at all.  A 5'7" safety??  Hufanga is a LB/S hybrid that loves to hit.

I actually like James Wiggins for that role, personally.  He'd be in front of both for me.

We def need secondary here.  I am Kary Vincent Jr first, then Wiggins/Hufanga.

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Jordan Smith or Williams Bradley-King if you go edge.  Still a lot of decent EDGE players left

I would go Talanoa Hufanga.  checks a lot of boxes for the Steelers.  Reminds me of Polamalu ( and not just the flowing hair)

Honestly, size wise I don't think Smith makes sense for us at all. At 6'6, he isn't playing LB for us and at 255 he isn't playing DE for us. He is a 4'3 DE through and through. 

Washington is a smurf. Has Hilton like traits but doesn't really have the build to hold up in our physical defense.

I'd go with Hunfanga just based on the options listed but despite it not being a major need, Id be all over Tamorrian Terry and would not hesitate. If you watch the tape the reasons are obvious. This guy legitimately could be a 1st or 2nd round pick

For Edge, I actually like Charles Snowden (ducks tomatoes) in the next pick.  There are also some developmental corners that I like as well.  There are tons of developmental WRs as well.

This one has to be secondary, IMO.  We also need to think about TE at some point.

Geez, we have a lot of needs with only 5 picks left.

8 hours ago, kurgan said:

I am more on the Talanoa Hufanga bandwagon than Washington.  I just don't think Washington fits what we do at all.  A 5'7" safety??  Hufanga is a LB/S hybrid that loves to hit.

I actually like James Wiggins for that role, personally.  He'd be in front of both for me.

We def need secondary here.  I am Kary Vincent Jr first, then Wiggins/Hufanga.

Washington Size does suck but the kids a absolute player , and can play FS which I don't think we have anyone on the roster that can besides Fitzpatrick

And yeah I'd go wiggins 10 fold over Hufanga 

Edited by Cbrunn

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Honestly, size wise I don't think Smith makes sense for us at all. At 6'6, he isn't playing LB for us and at 255 he isn't playing DE for us. He is a 4'3 DE through and through. 

Washington is a smurf. Has Hilton like traits but doesn't really have the build to hold up in our physical defense.

I'd go with Hunfanga just based on the options listed but despite it not being a major need, Id be all over Tamorrian Terry and would not hesitate. If you watch the tape the reasons are obvious. This guy legitimately could be a 1st or 2nd round pick

I agree terry has legit 2nd round value but you'll never convince ppl to take a WR here 

Big run on edge guys Jordan smith, elerson smith and shaka Tony all off the board 

If we go CB I'd throw Trill williams over Kary Vincent Jr (trill has a chance to play all positions in the DB room, think of a new cam Sutton who is bigger and better run defense) 

But DBs are loaded with talent still , I'd like to see is go somewhere else with this pick 

Like a Kenny Yeboah, or Tamarrion Terry

As of now it seems to be between 

James Wiggins 

Hufanga 

Trill williams 

Tamarrion Terry 

Kary Vincent Jr

Edited by Cbrunn

WR Tamarrion Terry is insane value , and 2 guys are FA next year (luxury pick but I'm ok with it) 

in the 4th you're looking for guys who can at least stay on the roster , I don't see any edge left as a lock to make the roster 

you want a more explosive offense, adding etienne and Terry will do that for you ... Maybe we could flip James Washington for a late pick at that point

TE , WR , DB would make the roster

Edited by Cbrunn

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

We’ve got to toss in a defensive player at this point IMO. Going to the OL well a third time would be overkill with DB, LB, and EDGE needs at this point. 

Any in particular? 

Seems to be between 

Trill williams 

James wiggins 

USC Safety ( spelling issues with name)

Washington just went.

We have 2 young DBs (Pierre/Layne) and I am not sure another CB here really changes things.  I'd rather get Safety/Edge/LB depth, TBH.

Wiggins/Hafanga or a player like Monty Rice, although one could argue that he doesn't add much to the ILB room with Allen/Spillane.

Snowden might be the only 3-4 edge left that can help us next year, IMO.

EDIT:  Forgot Malcom Koonce... he is a baller that is still there!!!

Wiggins, Hafanga this pick, then Snowden/Koonce for me next pick (141)

Edited by kurgan

26 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Any in particular? 

Seems to be between 

Trill williams 

James wiggins 

USC Safety ( spelling issues with name)

I'm all for Kary Vincent Jr.  Other than Sutton we have no other slot corner on the roster.

Went with James Wiggins since it was basically a tie with him and Hufanga and Wiggins being my preferred guy. 

I think we can snag a CB or Edge here next

I really like tre brown if you want a slot guy, and he's a special teams ace already too, so he could help in 2 phases 

Edge what do you guys feel about that oregon state guy? Hamilcar I think his name is