Draft Rumors / Notes - Around the NFL

Texas_OutLaw7

48 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I like Washington, but can’t get on board at 44. Shelvin is a hard pass for me. Otherwise, solid draft.

I really like Washington. If the Cowboys decide he’s the guy at #44 and have a plan for him, then I’ll buy in on that. I just don’t expect it to happen, and there are others I prefer.

Shelvin and Moses, though, yuck.

For the first time, I’m really starting to go through scenarios on how the top-10 could play out.

If Cincinnati is set on taking Chase no matter what, which seems to be the case, then that pretty much kills the Kyle Pitts dream, since Miami would definitely draft him with Chase off the board.

But a path to Penei Sewell really seems feasible. He’s very unlikely to go before #7. Detroit or Carolina could definitely draft him, but both teams are eager to trade down. 

8 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

For the first time, I’m really starting to go through scenarios on how the top-10 could play out.

If Cincinnati is set on taking Chase no matter what, which seems to be the case, then that pretty much kills the Kyle Pitts dream, since Miami would definitely draft him with Chase off the board.

But a path to Penei Sewell really seems feasible. He’s very unlikely to go before #7. Detroit or Carolina could definitely draft him, but both teams are eager to trade down. 

I am not entirely convinced Pitts is the proper fit for Miami. They have decent TE's. And given that Tua struggles with reading separation, I am not sure a high-point player is the best for his immediate growth. Smith makes a ton of sense for Miami.

15 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am not entirely convinced Pitts is the proper fit for Miami. They have decent TE's. And given that Tua struggles with reading separation, I am not sure a high-point player is the best for his immediate growth. Smith makes a ton of sense for Miami.

They didn't make that immediate trade back up for Smith. They did it for Chase/Pitts.

13 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

They didn't make that immediate trade back up for Smith. They did it for Chase/Pitts.

I am not convinced that is the case. Logically, makes sense. Chase & Pitts > Smith & Waddle

...but the obvious connection to Smith & Waddle with Tua could causes some shift in their rankings. 

19 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am not convinced that is the case. Logically, makes sense. Chase & Pitts > Smith & Waddle

...but the obvious connection to Smith & Waddle with Tua could causes some shift in their rankings. 

We will see, I guess. I have found almost nothing in the reporting that indicates they prefer the Alabama receivers to those guys.

7 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We will see, I guess. I have found almost nothing in the reporting that indicates they prefer the Alabama receivers to those guys.

Call it location bias. A ton of talking heads & news articles here pimp out Bama over others. Frankly, it could just be lazy writing added to my innate desire for it to be true.

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Call it location bias. A ton of talking heads & news articles here pimp out Bama over others. Frankly, it could just be lazy writing added to my innate desire for it to be true.

If both Pitts and Sewall are somehow still on the board at #7, it’s time to start getting excited.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If both Pitts and Sewall are somehow still on the board at #7, it’s time to start getting excited.

The key for us is picks 4 to 7.

Need Atlanta to trade with someone to take a QB.

28 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

The key for us is picks 4 to 7.

Need Atlanta to trade with someone to take a QB.

I’m leaning against this. Pitts is not likely to last no matter what happens at #4, but it could make a big difference for whether Waddle and/or Smith are there for NYG and Philly. Let the pass catchers go early, let chaos ensue for the QBs at pick 7-9. Take Sewell or a CB. Major win. 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m leaning against this. Pitts is not likely to last no matter what happens at #4, but it could make a big difference for whether Waddle and/or Smith are there for NYG and Philly. Let the pass catchers go early, let chaos ensue for the QBs at pick 7-9. Take Sewell or a CB. Major win. 

I've come to the fact that Pitts won't be there at 10. I'm hoping for Sewell.

I think it would be great if first 5 picks go:

Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Fields Chase.

This would allow Miami to take their pick of Smith, Waddle or Pitts.

Downside is Giants may have an option of the receiver that falls, Smith or Waddle.

50 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I've come to the fact that Pitts won't be there at 10. I'm hoping for Sewell.

I think it would be great if first 5 picks go:

Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Fields Chase.

This would allow Miami to take their pick of Smith, Waddle or Pitts.

Downside is Giants may have an option of the receiver that falls, Smith or Waddle.

That’s my point. I don’t think Fields going #4 increases our chances of Sewell. I actually think it might make our odds worse.