Draft Rumors / Notes - Around the NFL

Texas_OutLaw7

I would think Fields not going 4 makes our odds at Sewell better because if not Fields 4, 5, and 6 are probably Pitts, Chase, Waddle.  Then two qbs may go in 7, 8, 9 making Sewell slip to us.

If Fields goes 4, then the 5 and 6 are probably Chase and Pitts, with only 1 qb to possibly be drafted 7, 8, or 9. Further, I think 7, 8, and 9 are more likely to pick Sewell than Waddle who I think would be more likely to go to Miami if Chase and Pitts are off the board.

14 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think @Revenant nailed it. Pitts going #4 likely leads to the Dolphins drafting a player that might not have been top-9 otherwise. 

Well with Miami trading that lineman to Washington, I think Sewell is a whole lot more likely to be taken at #6 now, provided Pitts and Chase are not available. 

15 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Well with Miami trading that lineman to Washington, I think Sewell is a whole lot more likely to be taken at #6 now, provided Pitts and Chase are not available. 

Miami has been all about playing mind games since they hired their new GM. I doubt Sewell is any more likely to go to them than he was before. Someone else pointed this out on Twitter, and I agree with him, that Miami is likely doing this to try and get Chase to fall to them.

30 minutes ago, Revenant said:

We can't look at our OL and view Sewell as a dream pick, and then think that Ereck Flowers is a guy that would have stopped another team from drafting him. Maybe they take him at #6. But that trade doesn't make it more likely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We can't look at our OL and view Sewell as a dream pick, and then think that Ereck Flowers is a guy that would have stopped another team from drafting him. Maybe they take him at #6. But that trade doesn't make it more likely.

Exactly. Trading away a bust for an OT who has played on multiple teams will have no bearing on how Miami handles the 6th pick.

46 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Broncos have traded for Teddy Bridgewater.

Doesn’t mean they won’t still take a QB if one falls, but this probably impacts Dallas significantly come draft time. 

Honestly, I would have traded a 6th for Bridgewater to be a back-up. Doubt he would want to come here though. But spend a year here and then get a Comp pick for him.