Draft Rumors / Notes - Around the NFL

Texas_OutLaw7

5 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Because he’s wrong far more than he’s right. Years ago, his analysis on players and teams was far better than it is now. So, if he has access, then he’s being lied to. Otherwise, he’s just speculating like everyone else. The only difference is that he’s a legacy figurehead; but that doesn’t mean that he has more inside information than anyone else.

Like I said, Mayock was much more accurate than Kiper was. 

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Guys like Brugler are just as good because of the tools available to research players. Before the internet took off, Kiper was the gold standard, and there wasn’t a close second. Now? Not so much.

Every analyst has their own strengths. When you talk about "accuracy", I'm not entirely sure what your definition is. But I still hold Kiper in high enough regard that if he says Jamin Davis could be a top-20 pick, we aren't talking about him enough right now.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Every analyst has their own strengths. When you talk about "accuracy", I'm not entirely sure what your definition is. But I still hold Kiper in high enough regard that if he says Jamin Davis could be a top-20 pick, we aren't talking about him enough right now.

And I’m the one who pegged Christian Barmore as a 1st round pick before anyone else. Does that make me an expert, too?

14 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Guys like Brugler are just as good because of the tools available to research players. Before the internet took off, Kiper was the gold standard, and there wasn’t a close second. Now? Not so much.

Even still. Brugler & Kiper are in rarified air. But the internet has allowed a greater access - which is wonderful. 

I do agree that Kiper's mocks are not something I buy-in.

7 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

And I’m the one who pegged Christian Barmore as a 1st round pick before anyone else. Does that make me an expert, too?

Yikes, dude.

If you are going to make good decisions in any walk of life, you need to pull data from reliable places, understand how to interpret the data, and know the strengths and weaknesses of the information you get.

When it comes to the NFL draft, yes, when you tell me Christian Barmore is underrated, what did I do? I used that as a data point to help guide my draft prep. I bumped him up on my list of who to watch and research. I watched for the things you said about him. Similarly, when Mel Kiper puts out a mock draft, and something differs drastically from the chalk, it's 100% worth taking note. Do I think Kiper is right, and the Raiders are 100% going to take him? No, but that's not the proper way to evaluate a Kiper mock in mid-March.

1 hour ago, atran35 said:

Caleb Farley back surgery AGAIN??? He is down to the 2nd round boards for me. 

Not that I disagree, but for accuracy’s sake, I’m pretty sure it’s his first back surgery, but he did miss time due to back spasms.

Could be a blue star special at #44. I agree, he’s a do not touch at #10.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Miami trading #3 pick to SF for #12, 2021 3rd, and two future 1st round picks... SF going to get their QB boys

If that's true (which is very likely), then it must mean that they like Wilson, Fields, and Lance equally since the Jets may be taking a QB at #2.

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If that's true (which is very likely), then it must mean that they like Wilson, Fields, and Lance equally since the Jets may be taking a QB at #2.

Miami just traded #12 and a 2022 first to the Eagles for #6