So let’s run thru it.

1-4 QBs

Bengals take Sewell

Dolphins take Chase

Lions take Smith/Waddle

Panthers are the wild card

Broncos have Fant and the other mizzou kid

Cowboys get Pitts

If some of the new rumors are true that SF wants Mac Jones, then Carolina will likely draft whichever QB falls to them.

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Me likey this post. A LOT. @Nextyearfordaboyz, how glorious would it be if Philly is dumb enough to draft Parsons at 12?

This is glorious almost no matter what. They didn’t get their QB of the future, and they are now out of range to draft a pass catcher like Pitts or Chase (and probably Waddle, too) who could terrorize us for a decade.

Bottom line is that the Eagles aren’t going to be able to draft a player that strikes fear in me at 12. But if the double down and draft the guy with a bottomless floor (Parsons)? We party.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

If some of the new rumors are true that SF wants Mac Jones, then Carolina will likely draft whichever QB falls to them.

I’ve seen a lot of surprising things in 20 years of watching the draft. I’m not sure anything could top SF trading up for Mac friggin Jones at #3 if that is true. I can’t believe it for a second.

45 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’ve seen a lot of surprising things in 20 years of watching the draft. I’m not sure anything could top SF trading up for Mac friggin Jones at #3 if that is true. I can’t believe it for a second.

I don’t either, but I’ve seen many idiotic things in the draft. I fully expect the 49ers to draft Trey Lance.

8 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t either, but I’ve seen many idiotic things in the draft. I fully expect the 49ers to draft Trey Lance.

Minnesota not making there pick on time.

I’m having trouble thinking of anything else more idiotic than trading 3 1st round draft picks for Mac Jones. Like, obviously there are busts, but this idea is aggressively dumb. 

9 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This is glorious almost no matter what. They didn’t get their QB of the future, and they are now out of range to draft a pass catcher like Pitts or Chase (and probably Waddle, too) who could terrorize us for a decade.

Bottom line is that the Eagles aren’t going to be able to draft a player that strikes fear in me at 12. But if the double down and draft the guy with a bottomless floor (Parsons)? We party.

While all of this is true, the Eagles did set themselves up for 2, possibly 3 first round picks next year. If Hurts craps the bed, they can go get their franchise QB. If he shows promise, they can build a hell of a team around him if they hit on the picks.

So good for us this year, bad for us in the long haul.

Edited by CT Cowboy Fan

9 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

God this would be right up there with the Matt Jones selection by Jaguars in 2005 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

While all of this is true, the Eagles did set themselves up for 2, possibly 3 first round picks next year. If Hurts craps the bed, they can go get their franchise QB. If he shows promise, they can build a hell of a team around him if they hit on the picks.

So good for us this year, bad for us in the long haul.

The Wentz deal is an unrelated to this one, and I agree, that was a good one for Philly.

They have stockpiled an extra (likely) mid-to-late 1st round pick in exchange for missing out on some true blue chippers this year. And in the process botched the QB situation and alienated veteran members of their roster.

The NFL doesn’t stay the same for long. The Eagles have an opportunity tri turn it around quickly, like almost all franchises. So the longer they kick the can on trying to be good, the better.

On 3/27/2021 at 8:58 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The Wentz deal is an unrelated to this one, and I agree, that was a good one for Philly.

They have stockpiled an extra (likely) mid-to-late 1st round pick in exchange for missing out on some true blue chippers this year. And in the process botched the QB situation and alienated veteran members of their roster.

The NFL doesn’t stay the same for long. The Eagles have an opportunity tri turn it around quickly, like almost all franchises. So the longer they kick the can on trying to be good, the better.

Someone on Twitter pointed out that the Eagles have only signed one (Wentz) of their last so many draft picks. So, just because they have multiple, doesn't mean they'll necessarily hit on them.