Draft Rumors / Notes - Around the NFL

Texas_OutLaw7

Fire me into the sun. 

I like all the assumed targets as much as the other guy. But, doing this is not a good move and will absolutely taint the pick regardless who it is.

Obviously draft rumors are to be taken with a grain of salt......

Edited by WizardHawk

12 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Fire me into the sun. 

I like all the assumed targets as much as the other guy. But, doing this is not a good move and will absolutely taint the pick regardless who it is.

Lmfao, no chance in a million years we move up to #4.

This reminds me of the 2007 draft, when there were rumors we were talking to Detroit about #2 to go pick Calvin Johnson. Like, maybe a discussion happened, but a trade was never going to happen, because they wanted 2 first round picks and DeMarcus Ware.

Just never gonna happen. They might be intel gathering. But they aren’t serious about moving up like that.

55 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Fire me into the sun. 

Our team isn’t sophisticated enough to send out smoke screens, so this is either true or a media head is making stuff up to get clicks on the link.

Edited by plan9misfit

7 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Our team isn’t sophisticated enough to send out smoke screens, so this is either true or a media head is making stuff up to get clicks on the link.

Agents constantly name-check the Cowboys as a team of interest to help drive up the price. I...expect this is much the same. 

35 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

What if this whole time the 49ers had us fooled and they wanted to pair up Kyle Pitts with George Kittle

Giving up three firsts and a 3rd to draft a TE? If they do that, they’re easily the dumbest and poorest run organization in the NFL.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree. But is it that much dumber than picking Mac Jones? 

I guess it would depend on a person’s point of view. I think both would be incredibly (and virtually equally) stupid decisions, but some would argue that since the value of the QB is higher than any other position, they’ll lie to themselves that Mac Jones could be worth it because of that.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

I guess it would depend on a person’s point of view. I think both would be incredibly (and virtually equally) stupid decisions, but some would argue that since the value of the QB is higher than any other position, they’ll lie to themselves that Mac Jones could be worth it because of that.

I know what you mean. Trading up for a QB *could* be worth it. Trading up for a TE never could.

But in 3 years when Mac Jones has flamed out and they decline his 5th year option, they’ll wish they made it for the future hall of famer instead.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

On 4/10/2021 at 1:05 PM, plan9misfit said:

Giving up three firsts and a 3rd to draft a TE? If they do that, they’re easily the dumbest and poorest run organization in the NFL.

Yeah, but on the other hand it could create the scariest TE duo in NFL history so far since Gronk-Hern.

I'd love Kyle Pitts on the cowboys though. Its easy to see why Jerry would have to heavily market that. He'd bring some hype and energy back into the franchise though. Felt like CeeDee brought that this year.

but yeah our defense is gonna suck like usual or be middle tier if we make that Pitts pick though.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas