Draft Rumors / Notes - Around the NFL

Texas_OutLaw7

8 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Yeah, but on the other hand it could create the scariest TE duo in NFL history so far since Gronk-Hern.

I'd love Kyle Pitts on the cowboys though. Its easy to see why Jerry would have to heavily market that. He'd bring some hype and energy back into the franchise though. Felt like CeeDee brought that this year.

but yeah our defense is gonna suck like usual or be middle tier if we make that Pitts pick though.

Regardless of how scary the combo would be, you don’t spend three first round picks on a TE. They don’t impact the game enough to warrant that much draft capital. 

26 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Regardless of how scary the combo would be, you don’t spend three first round picks on a TE. They don’t impact the game enough to warrant that much draft capital. 

Maybe not, but it would certainly bump up whatever QB 49ers roll with for Fantasy Purposes a lot. 

Kelce + Pitts + Shanny = Fantasy Success 

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Maybe not, but it would certainly bump up whatever QB 49ers roll with for Fantasy Purposes a lot. 

Kelce + Pitts + Shanny = Fantasy Success 

I think you mean Kittle + Pitts 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This is definitely not going to happen, so I don’t know why I’m even asking... but where are you hearing this?

I’m guessing ESPN lol. Ye Jerry is probably infatuated with Pitts but good thing he actually listens to his son and Mclay. Team has way to many needs on defense and there offense if healthy should be top 5 in the league.

33 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Personally I feel we are good at tightend. Pitts might be a generation talent but we are already stacked on offense and there is only one football. 

First to 60 wins lol

1 hour ago, cromagnum said:

I’m guessing ESPN lol. Ye Jerry is probably infatuated with Pitts but good thing he actually listens to his son and Mclay. Team has way to many needs on defense and there offense if healthy should be top 5 in the league.

I'm a fiend when it comes to this type of stuff. The only thing I've seen is a rumor that the Cowboys have "talked" to Atlanta. And this was a while ago. That's a far cry from hearing that we are actively trying to trade up.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

NFL rosters turn over so fast. This is not the way to view team building through the draft.

If Pitts happens to fall to you then yes you have to seriously consider taking him unless somebody else on your board rated higher is there. Stick to the board for the most part unless it’s close and the need is there then you take the need. CD fell to the Cowboys last year was not the biggest need but was a need. He was by all reports there highest left player on there board so taking him was the right move. As good as Pitts is I’m not moving major draft capital  to fill a position that’s not a huge need on that side of the ball when on defense you have so many needs.

39 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

If Pitts happens to fall to you then yes you have to seriously consider taking him unless somebody else on your board rated higher is there. Stick to the board for the most part unless it’s close and the need is there then you take the need. CD fell to the Cowboys last year was not the biggest need but was a need. He was by all reports there highest left player on there board so taking him was the right move. As good as Pitts is I’m not moving major draft capital  to fill a position that’s not a huge need on that side of the ball when on defense you have so many needs.

Your comment seemed separated from the idea of trading up. I assumed you were talking about whether or not taking him at #10 makes sense.

Not even the most fervent Pitts lovers are on board with the idea of trading up for him. So you are debating with air on that one.

• Like 1