Draft Rumors / Notes - Around the NFL

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

lol.....Maybe he was just too talented for Marinelli to handle. I mean he hardly gave them a second thought in Dallas.

True. He rarely gave DTs a first thought, let alone a second.

11 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I’d put in a waiver claim for him. I have no idea what his issues were with the Raiders because I rarely watched any of their games. The only thing I know about him was that he would’ve been a 1st round pick coming out of Michigan had he not been diagnosed with the abnormal heart condition, which I believe was disproven by a different doctor.

Very strange all around. He's so cheap, it doesn't matter for the cap. I tend to think there is something under the surface (health or off-field) that prompted this. But if it's something weird, like, he wouldn't look at plays with Marinelli in a hotel room on his birthday, then we should definitely put a claim in.

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Very strange all around. He's so cheap, it doesn't matter for the cap. I tend to think there is something under the surface (health or off-field) that prompted this. But if it's something weird, like, he wouldn't look at plays with Marinelli in a hotel room on his birthday, then we should definitely put a claim in.

I mean, from what I've gathered from Raider fans, it's something along the latter. Hurst hasn't exactly been an All-Pro, but he's been decent in pass rush situations, but Collins got playing time over him even though it wasn't deserved - because Collins was Marinelli's "guy". Much like Witten getting more snaps over Fabian Moreau even though we all know Witten was washed up.

Ok some hot off the press Cowboys draft rumours from @TonyPauline.

- If Penei Sewell falls to us at 10, its a lock.

- Their secondary choices (pun haha) currently are Surtain or Jaycee Horn.

- We are apparently really open to trade down & one of the possible trade partners are the Chicago Bears who might be looking to trade up for a QB.

- Really like Zaven Collins from Tulsa (Apparently the Jones family loves him too? idk ?) & Christian Darrishaw from VT (Guessing these are our targets if we were to trade down)

- Really like Milton Williams DT from LA Tech in the 2nd. but looking unlikely at the moment as the Bengals are also really high on him.

Source:

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

- We are apparently really open to trade down & one of the possible trade partners are the Chicago Bears who might be looking to trade up for a QB.

Source:

I can see us doing:

Pitts

Sewell

Trade Down Potential

CBs

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

- Really like Zaven Collins from Tulsa (Apparently the Jones family loves him too? idk ?) & Christian Darrishaw from VT (Guessing these are our targets if we were to trade down)

- Really like Milton Williams DT from LA Tech in the 2nd. but looking unlikely at the moment as the Bengals are also really high on him.

Source:

Interesting, and jives with the tea leaves. I really hope this draft works out to where we don’t draft Collins or Milton, though.

In a trade down scenario, Christian Darrisaw makes a world of sense.

14 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Interesting, and jives with the tea leaves. I really hope this draft works out to where we don’t draft Collins or Milton, though.

In a trade down scenario, Christian Darrisaw makes a world of sense.

Can Derrisaw play guard if Tyron is healthy?

On 4/17/2021 at 2:11 PM, canadaluvsdallas said:

Source:

Hope the Bengals get Milton

Edited by SweetFancyMoses
  • D82 locked this topic