Draft Rumors / Notes - Around the NFL

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

If Jerry and Steven do a draft day trade for that 10th spot, they better get good value. Jerry has a bad track record of being on the wrong side of trades in value on draft day

Jerry has a bad track record of being on the wrong side of trades in general.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

McShay/Kiper released a combined mock today, Cowboys got:

1- Patrick Surtain
2- Christian Barmore
3- Walker Little
4- Jamar Johnson

Yes please (though, give me Spencer Brown over Little)

I’d take that draft in a heartbeat.

50 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

McShay/Kiper released a combined mock today, Cowboys got:

1- Patrick Surtain
2- Christian Barmore
3- Walker Little
4- Jamar Johnson

Yes please (though, give me Spencer Brown over Little)

Little is an enigma. No doubt he’s talented and he tested well. But, given his 2yr absence, I’m not sure he’s someone I’m comfortable putting in top 100. Definitely not someone on my radar at 75

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Little is an enigma. No doubt he’s talented and he tested well. But, given his 2yr absence, I’m not sure he’s someone I’m comfortable putting in top 100. Definitely not someone on my radar at 75

I don’t hate Little at #75 at all, honestly (I’d just prefer Brown, given the board).

But if you compare Little to Caleb Farley on an injury/opt-out standpoint, I don’t think I really understand why the two prospects have such a gap. Little was a clear-cut 1st rounder, like Farley. But unlike Farley, he doesn’t have back problems in addition to a knee injury, and he isn’t new to his position.

It’ll be up to the doctors on how his knee looks and up to the scouts on how hard he’s been working the last two years. If you get the thumbs up on both of those items, I think #75 is absolutely in the picture.

8 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Please keep Zaven Collins away from Dallas.

Twyman at 319? That’s way above his listed weight, right? I was thinking he was 290ish.

I like Atwell, but 150 is the equivalent of a midget in NFL terms. Where’s @Matts4313

Edited by WizardHawk

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

And I can’t imagine how adding an additional 18 pounds helps him. 

I almost wonder if, after his pro day, teams told him to put on weight and embrace a potential future at NT.

He proved crazy strong on the bench press (40 times). But he was disastrous on the 40 (5.5) and 3-cone (8.0). Plus he’s short, and not overly long.