FFMD 2021 WAR ROOM - Next OTC 12:00pm EST Friday

baltimoreRebel

Of those three I'd probably side most with Washington.

Banks' mobility is somewhat of a worry imo because we require Guards (all of the OL really) to pull quite frequently

And isn't Thomas a CB, not a safety?  I haven't looked at him for this reason, but every scouting report that comes up when you google him talks about him as a press corner that might be good as a slot CB 

Purely from a BPA pov I think DT Marlon Tuipulotu would be near the top of my big board and would be a "near future need".  He is one of 3 guys left from DJ's latest Top 50 prospects list (the others being Tutu Atwell and Dayo Odeyingbo)

Brady Christiensen is probably worth a look too as a guy who could maybe play LG for a year and then transition to RT when OBJr leaves next year 

6 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Banks' mobility is somewhat of a worry imo because we require Guards (all of the OL really) to pull quite frequently

And isn't Thomas a CB, not a safety?  I haven't looked at him for this reason, but every scouting report that comes up when you good him talks about him as a press corner than might be good as a slot CB 

Purely from a BPA pov I think DT Marlon Tuipulotu would be near the top of my big board and would be a "near future need".  He is one of 3 guys left from DJ's latest Top 50 prospects list (the others being Tutu Atwell and Dayo Odeyingbo)

Brady Christiensen is probably worth a look too as a guy who could maybe play LG for a year and then transition to RT when OBJr leaves next year 

LOL yes, Thomas is a CB. I was half asleep when Iade the post. It was near 3am eastern for me. My bad. 

I thought about Tutu, but didn't want to double dip at WR this draft. 

I thought Marlon was already chosen. Let me double check. 

12 minutes ago, drd23 said:

And isn't Thomas a CB, not a safety?  I haven't looked at him for this reason, but every scouting report that comes up when you good him talks about him as a press corner than might be good as a slot CB 

They have Marlon Tuipolotu ranked as the 220th best player LOL. Their rankings are a bit weird if I'm being honest. With him being that low, we may be able to grab him round 4 and take a guy like Washington now. Although there are a good amount of smart GMs. We could pull the trigger on him. I'm a fan, figured he was gone because I didn't see him in the top 150 of their list. 

15 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

They have Marlon Tuipolotu ranked as the 220th best player LOL. Their rankings are a bit weird if I'm being honest.

IIRC the guy that put together the spreadsheet (and does all the other in-depth spreadsheet based GM mocks) said that they are old rankings he pulled from another site that he didn't have time to update before FFMD started due to personal circumstances.  Looking at the rankings, it wouldn't surprise me if they were from sometime in the middle of the college season last year given it has Alex Leatherwood at 7 and Shaun Wade at 9

I wouldn't put too much stock in the rankings in the spreadsheet given that guys ranked in the 200s, 300s and even 400s on the sheet have already been picked

33 minutes ago, drd23 said:

IIRC the guy that put together the spreadsheet (and does all the other in-depth spreadsheet based GM mocks) said that they are old rankings he pulled from another site that he didn't have time to update before FFMD started due to personal circumstances.  Looking at the rankings, it wouldn't surprise me if they were from sometime in the middle of the college season last year given it has Alex Leatherwood at 7 and Shaun Wade at 9

I wouldn't put too much stock in the rankings in the spreadsheet given that guys ranked in the 200s, 300s and even 400s on the sheet have already been picked

I have zero issue taking Marlon here. I like the pick better than the guys I listed, I just assumed he was already gone. Good eye man. 

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Ar’Darius Washington if available. Also like Divine DeAblo assuming he’s still there. Not sure if Marvin Wilson is on the board. Just stopping in.

Marvin Wilson is still there the others you mention have been picked.

My bad, I must have missed Christensen being picked when I was crossing names off of the big board I've been using.

And it seems that some of the other names I put forward have been taken between when I posted that and now (Washington was taken before our pick, and it seems Gillespie and Sterns have been taken after)

For the sake of keeping things going/not being skipped a whole heap of times, I think I'll change our pick to Deonte Brown.  He's probably the best IOL prospect remaining and it's clear that we've been trying to add a player to the OL given who we've tried to pick with the last two picks

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Ar’Darius Washington if available. Also like Divine DeAblo assuming he’s still there. Not sure if Marvin Wilson is on the board. Just stopping in.

Dallas took Deablo. 

This is on me. I was swamped at work and barely touched my phone all day, I haven't stopped until just now. I went with @drd23 top pick on the board as I liked the pick as well. Wasn't available 

I asked for the top Safety on the board. For some reason, we weren't awarded him. Going to figure this out now.