FFMD 2021 WAR ROOM - Next OTC 12:00pm EST Friday

baltimoreRebel

2 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Outside of guys drafted last year and maybe Preston Howard, there's not exactly much the Ravens need that the Dolphins have

Sorry i know I’m supposed to have left.

Howard has already been traded but Preston is free.

You can have mr ‘I would be decent if I learn to snap the ball’ back, lol

3 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Sorry i know I’m supposed to have left.

Howard has already been traded but Preston is free.

You can have mr ‘I would be decent if I learn to snap the ball’ back, lol

My bad, I meant WR Preston Williams

18 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Pick needs to be made tonight. I lean Weaver. 

I wouldn't be against it, and he was mentioned yesterday by a couple of people so would probably be the consensus pick.

The board couldn't have fallen much worse imo - all the value is at positions we don't need like DT and CB, or guys that don't quite fit what the Ravens do

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Pick needs to be made tonight. I lean Weaver. 

😆 Of course Meinerz got picked right before us.

I'm cool with whoever on the EDGE front. Seems like Weaver could the guy. You're leaning him, DB really likes him, and I think DRD mentioned him so I'm guessing there won't be any big debates.

Weaver has been mentioned a few times. Certainly I love a few CB prospects here as well. Thoughts on adding to secondary? Granted if Jimmy & Tavon play it’s basically a pick for the future.

We can lean BPA & make moves for a 3rd round Edge as we mentioned. I’m okay with Weaver. Few alternatives I’d consider 

CB IFEATU MELIFONWU, SYRACUSE (wasn’t spelling this. Copy and paste all day haha)

Walker Little OT

Alim McNeill NT 

Edited by ravens5520

3 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Weaver has been mentioned a few times. Certainly I love a few CB prospects here as well. Thoughts on adding to secondary? Granted if Jimmy & Tavon play it’s basically a pick for the future.

We can lean BPA & make moves for a 3rd round Edge as we mentioned. I’m okay with Weaver. Few alternatives I’d consider 

CB IFEATU MELIFONWU, SYRACUSE (wasn’t spelling this. Copy and paste all day haha)

Walker Little OT

Alim McNeill NT 

I would have chosen Asante Samuel Jr if he made it to us. Other CB prospects don't entice me here as a luxury pick.

If we're talking purely BPA, then I think DT Levi Onwuzurike (DJ's 23rd ranked prospect), CB Aaron Robinson (DJ's 39th) and CB/S hybrid Jamar Johnson would be towards the top of my list

Walker Little was one of those guys I was thinking of when I said there were people that didn't quite fit what the Ravens do - he seems a little too much of a finesse player to play RT in the current offense

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Joe Tryon is DJ's #35 ranked player and might be the consensus highest ranked EDGE left too

Can’t say I’m a fan. He’s an athlete with great size, but his field instincts were terrible IMO. I’m a big proponent of not being able to coach instincts.

If we were going on go the route of selecting the high upside athlete, I’d MUCH rather go with Jordan Smith.

Jordan Smith and Rashad Weaver are definitely atop my edge list with their length, effort, impact, etc.

In terms of Meinerz, I definitely don’t think he separates himself above Drake Jackson more than Smith/Weaver separate above the next best edge talents on the board.

Ill have to look at who is on the board but I also wouldn’t be against going safety if the right option is available. Though I’m assuming Richie Grant is probably long gone by this point.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Ill have to look at who is on the board but I also wouldn’t be against going safety if the right option is available. Though I’m assuming Richie Grant is probably long gone by this point.

Richie Grant went at pick 50 and Jevon Holland at 62