FFMD 2021 WAR ROOM - Next OTC 12:00pm EST Friday

baltimoreRebel

1 minute ago, mountainpd said:

I could sweeten this by adding a depth player?

Clayton Fejedelem - S, ST Or 

Benito Jones -DT

Probably not, and definitely not at those positions. TBH it looks like I'd be the only one vaguely interested and I'm not the GM

sorry-icegif-18.gif

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

Probably not, and definitely not at those positions. TBH it looks like I'd be the only one vaguely interested and I'm not the GM

sorry-icegif-18.gif

I'm interested but I've stated my pick is Weaver. Let's do a vote. I also had a super long day so I'd like tog et on with it. Lol

3 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Richie Grant went at pick 50 and Jevon Holland at 62

Yup. Figured that would be the case with Grant. Oh well, I still love Divine DeAblo and ArDarius Washington later on in the draft.

For me, it’s BY FAR
1a. Jordan Smith
1b. Rashad Weaver

Beyond that I don’t think any other prospect is particularly close.

Myers and Meinerz (sp) I don’t find to be on too different a standing from Drake Jackson. Whereas the cupboard at edge is far more limited IMO going from the above down to Hamilcar Rasheed or someone of that ilk.

Whats more I find the above options to be BPA over the IOL options as well. I think Weaver is the more pro ready option, but Smith has the superior upside potential. Though Weaver on the field is an absolute stud IMO. He’s a slam dunk option to me.

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'm interested but I've stated my pick is Weaver. Let's do a vote. I also had a super long day so I'd like tog et on with it. Lol

Everyone's mentioned him and nobody seems to have a strong dislike for him.  I'd just go ahead and make the pick if you want

5 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

This is why you don't discuss who you want publicly. What a joke. Meinerz off the board. 

If it makes you feel better, we settled on Meinerz 1 hour before your posts went public.     We have the PM time stamps to show this - happy to show post-draft.   No reason for us to try to snipe off public discussion, we're not picking until 96, so it's not like we can get our other choices nearby.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

If it makes you feel better, we settled on Meinerz 1 hour before your posts went public.     We have the PM time stamps to show this - happy to show post-draft.   No reason for us to try to snipe off public discussion, we're not picking until 96, so it's not like we can get our other choices nearby.  

Kevin Hart Reaction GIF

• Like 1

Don’t mind where we are sitting at. WR & Edge early is obvious needs. It wasn’t the edge we truly wanted, but I feel the next two rounds allow us to go BPA. 

IOL... Secondary... DLine... HB

That would be areas I’d have no issues addressing with the next two selections. I won’t even bother posting names with such a long wait. I’ll probably PM big boards

2 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Don’t mind where we are sitting at. WR & Edge early is obvious needs. It wasn’t the edge we truly wanted, but I feel the next two rounds allow us to go BPA. 

IOL... Secondary... DLine... HB

That would be areas I’d have no issues addressing with the next two selections. I won’t even bother posting names with such a long wait. I’ll probably PM big boards

Yeah, this is where you sit and see where the board goes and pluck the best guy rated. 

I'd love to sneak a Safety in somewhere. I agree with your assessment. 

Meh. Weaver is definitely the superior talent to the guys on the board around his spot. His dominance and impact was so noticeable while watching his film.

He would go off the field and that Pitt defense looked absolutely different, even with Patrick Jones II in the game. Whereas with Jones off the field, it wasn’t the same decline in field impact.

Meinerz, to me, has small school player hype. I’ve seen it a number of times on FFMD where everyone gets caught up thinking these guys are going to become the next Edwin Mulitalo or something.

I’d much rather wait and go for a Drake Jackson, Josh Myers, and/or Trey Hill (UGA) later in the draft. With Kevin Zeitler in tow and Brown Jr, the IOL isn’t really as big a need that a guy like Meinerz is going to legitimately upgrade IMO.

We had snapping issues from the center spot, not really a talent issue. Mekari only had one bad snapping game in 2021. IOL also has plenty of depth too. So there’s not too much of a need there. The need was always a luxury need IMO. We need someone that’s not just a JAG, we need an impact option with legitimate snapping ability.

IMO we got the 10th best player in the 2nd round and the 2nd best edge in the round. I’d rank Weaver as the 4th best edge in the draft FTMP.

• Like 1

My board for the next 3 picks 

Aaron Banks G, Notre Dame

Ar'Darius Washington S, TCU

Ambry Thomas S, Michigan 

I know I have Washington ranked higher than some would but I absolutely love the guys tape. We could possibly land him in round 4,doubt it though.

Thomas is is a bit of a project but he's got a lot of natural ability and can be a playmaker growing behind our corners. 

I think Aaron Banks is a slam dunk here. Big bodied IOL at 6'5 340lbs. He'd likely slim down a bit but he looks every part of a starting LG in the NFL. 

Anyone have any thoughts or a different board at this point? 

Edited by baltimoreRebel