FFMD 2021 Rams war room thread

sparky151

Pick 54 is on the clock now. We'll be up no later than 2 pm Eastern today.  

If we want O-line help, there is a run on tackles at the moment. Meinherz is probably the best center available but this seems early for him. Jalen Mayfield and Wyatt Davis are available.  At LB, Nick Bolton and Jabril Cox are still out there. Quite a few DT and DEs on the board still.

8 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Pick 54 is on the clock now. We'll be up no later than 2 pm Eastern today.  

If we want O-line help, there is a run on tackles at the moment. Meinherz is probably the best center available but this seems early for him. Jalen Mayfield and Wyatt Davis are available.  At LB, Nick Bolton and Jabril Cox are still out there. Quite a few DT and DEs on the board still.

I'd go Mayfield. Easy choice 

32 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'm inclined toward LB Nick Bolton from Missouri.  He'd be both a good value pick and fits a need. There's still a good bit of depth at IOL and WR, and some but not as much on the D-line.

I feel like that would be a solid pick. Position definitely needs an upgrade but it just seems the team likes what we have there and are unwilling to put a lot of resources into it.

7 minutes ago, socalmab said:

I would be extremely disappointed if we selected Bolton, a small mike that struggles to shed locks, no thank you at 57 maybe 4th round would where I would even consider him

So who do you think the Rams should pick here?

Thanks for doing this,  I want to make sure I do not come off as flippant.  I am no xepert just sharing opinions I am sure many people like the pick.  Bolton has a great reel.  I just feel he is not athletic enough to be anything more then a 2 down back.  IMO  I do not see a crazy amount of difference between him and Kiser, although I do think he is a better prospect.  Rams have been notorious to not addressing their ILB.  I actually predict a trade down if a stud CB is not available.  I think they might play Rapp more as a hybrid LB IMHO

Rams next pick is 89 and scheduled to go otc at noon today.

Here's who has been taken so far.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13qq5rz3FTI2PWNqBAakeZ6qMGDCr9n23uLtVN1pr_HA/edit?ts=603491f7#gid=1499798722

In terms of our pick, currently pick 87 is otc.

We took LB Nick Bolton in the 2nd round. In terms of value and Rams needs, there are options at WR, OG, and DE. 

The centers have been picked over with Meinerz and Myers going since our last pick. Deonte Brown or Ben Cleveland or Kendrick Green are available at guard. Surprisingly, Walker Little is still available at tackle. IMO that's who we should take here. Marvin Wilson and Jay Tufele are on the board at DT, Payton Turner would be good value at DE. Dwayne Eskridge and Jaelen Darden are speed receivers we could take. 

Edit: I'll be on the road at noon but can turn in the pick via phone unless someone else wants to submit it. I realize it's early out west and Easter to boot but hope there is some discussion by Rams fans before we pick.

Edited by sparky151