Rams sign Desean Jackson

Forge

16 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I wouldn't count on any more than that. I really don't see how he can be counted on at all to be available but maybe he'll have more luck with you guys.  The eagles training staff has been booty, so it might help that he'll be around a competent staff. He can still take the top off the defense when he's healthy. 

I'm not counting on him for much. I'm hoping Van breaks out. If he does, we'll be more than fine at WR with or without DeSean. Plus, I am hoping we grab another deep threat somewhere in the Draft.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Watch him somehow stay relatively injury-free and put up some good numbers as the deep play guy in LA. 

I really like the optimism but not too sure about that bolded part... 

I wish I was him. The Rams could turn into a team of actual felons, and he'd still wax lyrical about them. He has positivity (some would say delusion) that I've never known :( 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Am I wrong??? I am the guy who has been picking the Eagles over the past few seasons to get to at least the NFCCG but they benefit from playing the the worst division and they still either missed the playoffs of they made it and got bounced in wildcard weekend. The Eagles was serious contenders in 2017 when they won the Superbowl. Since then they have gone downhill and it rock bottom this past season missing the playoffs in historically the worst division and the coach got fired and QB got traded. I thought at least one was going to be gone but not both. So yeah I wish I was wrong because I really liked the Eagles and my wish was always Eagles v Rams NFCCG Wentz v Goff but the Eagles are now in a rebuild and the Rams are still pushing as one of the favorites in the NFC. In other words the change of scenery should motivate DJax at least for the one year he signed to be what he wasnt with the Eagles during his time. 

I don't think DJax is the kind of player to get really motivated by winning a SB. Don't know him personally so I could be wrong, but that's the impression I have of him. 
Also, I bolded the part where you were saying you were "certain" DJax would be healthy enough to help the team, which isn't a given. 
I like the signing, but to act like he's a game changer after years of being always injuried isn't realistic in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I don't even think the question is how many games can you get out of DeSean at this point. It is how many snaps? Even the games he does suit up for he instantly gets hurt and barely plays a handful of snaps. He struggles to finish drives, let alone games. It is a shame too because his speed is still there and he could be very productive if he could stay healthy. 

10 hours ago, MagicMT said:

I don't think DJax is the kind of player to get really motivated by winning a SB. Don't know him personally so I could be wrong, but that's the impression I have of him. 
Also, I bolded the part where you were saying you were "certain" DJax would be healthy enough to help the team, which isn't a given. 
I like the signing, but to act like he's a game changer after years of being always injuried isn't realistic in my opinion. 

Pretty much this. But he's the 4th WR so I really don't care if he gets hurt. I'm expecting it.

But even barely playing last year, his longest TD was 25 yards longer than the longest offensive TD for the Rams last year, and that was with the ghost of Carson Wentz.

That sums up why this was a good signing. Still need to draft some speed too.

15 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

We're ranking medical staffs now lol?

Not a ranking it’s a fact. Plus you can clearly see it as compared to whomever is on the Chargers medical staff or the Eagles medical staff because their players stay on the IR it’s insane. 

18 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Not a ranking it’s a fact.

I'd love to see these facts. Care to provide them?  Stating the Rams have one of, if not, the best is ranking them.

18 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Plus you can clearly see it as compared to whomever is on the Chargers medical staff or the Eagles medical staff because their players stay on the IR it’s insane. 

But so are the other 30 teams not named Chargers and Eagles. This still doesn't mean the Rams have one of the best. This just means that those two teams are unlucky and the other 30 teams have been....less unlucky.  These things go in spurts. Always have, always will.  PackeIR...remember that? So do I.

If this opinion of yours is based on the amount of injuries per team then that's a flawed logic, for many reasons, because you are essentially blaming the staff for every injury that occurs to every player on every team.

What happens when a player (with no previous priors) has a freak injury? Are you blaming the teams' staff because of it?

Anyhow, this is getting a bit off-topic. This would've been a good signing 10 years ago. But now, it's more or less just hoping to get what you can out of vet with no risks involved.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

19 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'd love to see these facts. Care to provide them?  Stating the Rams have one of, if not, the best is ranking them.

But so are the other 30 teams not named Chargers and Eagles. This still doesn't mean the Rams have one of the best. This just means that those two teams are unlucky and the other 30 teams have been....less unlucky.  These things go in spurts. Always have, always will.  PackeIR...remember that? So do I.

If this opinion of yours is based on the amount of injuries per team then that's a flawed logic, for many reasons, because you are essentially blaming the staff for every injury that occurs to every player on every team.

What happens when a player (with no previous priors) has a freak injury? Are you blaming the teams' staff because of it?

Anyhow, this is getting a bit off-topic. This would've been a good signing 10 years ago. But now, it's more or less just hoping to get what you can out of vet with no risks involved.

This is ridiculously obtuse. You have so much passion for the topic I just couldn’t not reply. The best? Or one of the best!? Sure that’s super vague. But the rams are definitely one of the best teams in the McVay era to bolster an incredibly/lucky roster. We were hit hard in 19.. But bounce right back with only losing Andrew for 2

months or so from a freak injury. There’s a reason why were so top heavy. It showed up in the post season with everyone getting hurt! But the sample size is so much bigger than one post season game.4 years of avoiding a massive blow? Yes, that’s a testament to how good the staff takes care of it’s player.. They have some top notch training. And considering no rams starters ever play in the preason and still play to par without live rounds? Again, a massive testament to the guys. If you wanna call that luck because it fits your narrative? Sure, go ahead. But if that’s luck we sure do keep riding that hot wave. The staff knows our players and caters to them.’ I have no doubt Sean will play more snaps/games he did in his last 2 years in Philly. 

34 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

But so are the other 30 teams not named Chargers and Eagles. This still doesn't mean the Rams have one of the best. This just means that those two are unlucky and the other 30 teams have been....less unlucky.  These things go in spurts. Always have, always will.  PackeIR...remember that? So do I.

If this opinion of yours is based on the amount of injuries per team then that's flawed logic for many reasons because you are essentially blaming the staff for every injury that occurs to every player on every team.

I cant send you a link because I heard it a few years ago from the people in the know who follows this stuff around the league that the Rams have one of the best medical staffs in the NFL. There is a stat from Football Outsiders that determines how healthy a team is. Its called Adjusted Games Lost which takes into account injuries and suspension because they look at data from detailed injury report information every week of the NFL season for every team. They ranked the Rams in 2016 and 2017 as number one healthiest team in the NFL. In 2018 they ranked the Rams as the 4th healthiest team in the NFL. In 2019 the Rams was the 10th healthiest team in the NFL and in 2020 (taking into account Covid as well) they was the 2nd healthiest team in the NFL. So yeah it takes some luck but also having a great medical staff and coaching staff to manage the players and thats what the Rams have. 

Edited by stl4life07

On 3/21/2021 at 9:39 PM, El Ramster said:

We have one of the best staffs to protect him. 

Are they going to perform a labotomy on him? Desean doesn't listen to staff or really anyone but himself.   

Take it from the Eagles' fans and fans of teams in the NFCE, you'll love his production in the first few weeks of the season..

3694638.jpg

• Like 1