2021 FFMD War Room- New York Jets(5.155 Tamorrion Terry, WR)

KingOfNewYork

What I really liked about this whole exercise, is that I don’t think it is too far off from what may actually happen.  In other words, it is probably the most accurate mock draft. I say this because all the members picking for their teams have better insight to the needs of the teams. As opposed to Joe Schmo guessing at what team X needs. Many of the guys picking have done research into the players picked as we did. Hell, right up into round 5 we were looking at scouting reports.

The only thing we are lacking in is medical reports  and personality traits. Those things could push prospects one way or the other compared to media based projections. Caleb Farley is a good example. High first round talent, but what do his medical reports indicate?  Could he slip to 23 or round 2?  What is his long term prognosis. We will never know. Then there is Hamilcar Rasheed. He went in round 5 yet his talent deserves a much earlier draft grade. Reports that he takes plays off and may not put forth the full effort caused him to drop. I would not touch him but maybe there are reasons for his play which we will again never be privy to, but may come out in interviews with teams.

Next year, I would really like to start the process earlier with regards to getting all interested forum members involved in submitting their individual big boards.  Perhaps after the first week of FA.  The GM can then organize it into one BB, based on team needs and value. It felt a little rushed this year and I don’t think we got as large a member input as we could have.

Edited by xrade
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Very solid draft so far. I would have made a couple different picks if it was me... but overall I think this roster is being upgraded in crucial areas in this draft.

You meant you would ignore BB for yourself?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xrade said:

What I really liked about this whole exercise, is that I don’t think it is too far off from what may actually happen.  In other words, it is probably the most accurate mock draft. I say this because all the members picking for their teams have better insight to the needs of the teams. As opposed to Joe Schmo guessing at what team X needs. Many of the guys picking have done research into the players picked as we did. Hell, right up into round 5 we were looking at scouting reports.

The only thing we are lacking in is medical reports  and personality traits. Those things could push prospects one way or the other compared to media based projections. Caleb Farley is a good example. High first round talent, but what do his medical reports indicate?  Could he slip to 23 or round 2?  What is his long term prognosis. We will never know. Then there is Hamilcar Rasheed. He went in round 5 yet his talent deserves a much earlier draft grade. Reports that he takes plays off and may not put forth the full effort caused him to drop. I would not touch him but maybe there are reasons for his play which we will again never be privy to, but may come out in interviews with teams.

Next year, I would really like to start the process earlier with regards to getting all interested forum members involved in submitting their individual big boards.  Perhaps after the first week of FA.  The GM can then organize it into one BB, based on team needs and value. It felt a little rushed this year and I don’t think we got as large a member input as we could have.

Agreed, this could even be exercised throughout the season where we have guys working on watching college guys and we're starting to dig deeper. 

The one thing I got from it was the balance between getting the best talent you have at the top of your board and reaching to fill a need. The urge to move down but they want to low ball, the thought to move up but they ask for a ton. 

It's always easy to say we could have or should have but it isn't that easy. 

Next year will be more difficult, hopefully. It was relatively easy this year because if all the holes that needed fixing. You could say we got BPA that also filled a need right into round 4. Next year we should have fewer needs so getting the BPA that could fill a future need is a little more difficult to assess. Beyond that, when we have few immediate or any glaring near future FA needs, you can strictly go BPA. By then who gives a crap because we are SB contenders. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 2:43 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

We’ve selected Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame. 

Tremble.gif

@JetsandI all set now

I just started the thread and haven't seen the full mock.  I love it all so far.  Again, I dont know who was on the board, but you've remained realistic (chart wise, the actual haul for Darnold was the equivalent of a 3rd rd pick) and picked players at CB TE I've been rooting for the Jets to get on day 2 or 3.   Now back to the reading the drama unfold.   :)

Edited by dcat

On 4/5/2021 at 5:13 PM, Abe56 said:

I love Kenneth Gainwell, think is most underrated offensive player in the draft

He went at 68 to Atlanta in a similar mock.  No way he gets past Atlanta there ifnthey haven't already selected a back.   He'll be gone by mid rd 3.  Chance of dropping to rd 4 absent a scandal or med issue: nil

great pick. 

On 4/7/2021 at 5:49 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

Draft for us is over

In

Zach Wilson, QB 1.2

Gregory Rousseau, EDGE 1.23

Creed Humphrey, IOL 2.34

Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB 3.66

Tommy Tremble, TE 3.73

Hamsan Nasirildeen, LB/S 3.87

Kenneth Gainwell, RB, 4.108

Israel Mukuamu, DB, 5.147

Tamorrion Terry, WR, 5.155

Bryce Love, RB from Washington Football Team

Out

Sam Darnold for Carolina 3rd used to draft Melifonwu.

New York Jets 6th Round Pick(193rd overall)-used for Bryce Love

where did Dyami Brown go?  Was Simi Fehoko around in rd 5 or 6? 

Edited by dcat